Edited by slick jones

• Members

Some new GH characters courtesy of Depboy's fascinating summaries from 1965

Josephine Barnes...Angie and Eddie's landlady 

Humphrey Lamb....photographer who was interested in his model Brooke Bentley 

Alex Ferguson...father of Molly

Molly Ferguson...GH patient with asthma

Jan Weeks....wife of Al, mother of Eddie

Angie and Eddie's baby is mentioned as Jessie a daughter.

But you have the child as a boy Eddie Jnr?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Search for Tomorrow

Melissa Hayley Weldon...Linda Bove... March 14 73- deaf woman came to Henderson hospital as a result of a car accident. Revealed to be deaf on April 3.

Emily Rogers Hunter...Louise Schaffer...67-68 +Len, +Nick 

...Pamela Murphy...March 66-67 

...Kathryn Walker...72-73 

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

As The World Turns

Dr. Bellows    African-American prison physician, who encouraged Roy McGuire to go into medicine
                      Brock Peters        66   
                      P.Jay Sidney   67    14 episodes early 67. Refused to continue in the role w/o a contract.     

• Members

As The World Turns

Dagne Crane    1966-68 1969-71
                             Jill Andre    (temporary) beginning  May 1968
Not sure how long Jill Andre lasted but Sandy was written out with her in the role in 68. Either she was brought in to wrap up Sandy's story (maybe they didn't expect Dagne to leave?) or she didn't click in the role. Dagne came back in 1969

Ronnie Carroll  beginning  June 1975
                                   Barbara Rucker   1975-79

• Members

Prior to 1968, Jill Andre began playing Dr. Sara McIntyre on The Guiding Light when Patricia Roe departed the role.    (I am not sure why Ms. Roe left the show, but I do know that she was later on One Life to Live - maybe at the very beginning.)

Then Dagne Crane left As the World Turns, and her replacement (not a temporary replacement) was Jill Andre.   Dr. McIntyre on The Guiding Light was assumed by actress/pianist Millette Alexander.

I am not absolutely certain about this, but Sandy had been a model.   She was in a fire, and, I am thinking that this was one of those plastic surgery storylines.   Sandy was Jill Andre after her bandages were removed, I am thinking.

There was a great difference between Ms. Crane and Ms. Andre.   Dagne Crane was persuaded to return to the show.   I think that the purpose of her return was to wrap up Sandy's storyline.   Sandy left Oakdale, and returned only after the show had been expanded to a full hour.

Now, I have had this question for several weeks.   Sandy became engaged to Dr. John Dixon.   However, the wedding was called off.   (That after she wore her wedding gown for him on the morning of the wedding - prior to going to the church to get married.   Viewers were tipped that the marriage would have been doomed.)

My question is what actress was playing Sandy at that time - Dagne Crane (before her departure), Jill Andre, and Dagne Crane (after she had returned)?

• Members

General Hospital

Lee Baldwin, attorney at law,[former mayor]...Ross Elliott 63-65

.                               ......Peter Hansen 1963 10/65-76,77-86, 89-90, 92-04

Originally a short term role in 1963. When the writers decided to bring Lee back 3 months later, Peter Hansen was working elsewhere so Ross Elliot was cast. When Elliot left Peter again played Lee.

• Members

I had no idea that Sandy was involved with John Dixon to the point of marrying him, as I have never seen this story mentioned in summaries of the show.I had always wondered what John Dixon's role in the show was before he became involved with Kim.

The Sandy/John story would have been with Dagne as John didn't appear till 1969 when Dagne would have returned.

Sandy eventually married Peter Kane and left Oakdale in 1971.

Upon further investigation, a summary of the Dec 1 67 episode mentions that Pa hopes Sandy will be home for Xmas. A full cast crawl doesn't have Sandy listed. This seems to tie in with Sandy being sent to a sanitaruim after being burned. That story led to Penny becoming attached to Jimmy and marrying Roy McGuire.

So if Danfling's recollections are true, Dagne actually left in 67 and Sandy was off the show until May 68 when Jill appeared. Sandy returning and wanting to reclaim Jimmy would have led to Penny's departure a few months later.

• Members

As the World Turns probably made the decision to dismiss Jill Andre (much as they had Pamela Miller as Lisa #2) and to send the character into an institution until a firm decision could be made about the character (to leave her there or to have her return).   The successful persuasion to get Dagne Crane to return to the show, of course, made the decision much easier.

And Paul Raven was wondering what the early Dr. John Dixon did on the show.   He was brought into Oakdale and Memorial Hospital by the villainous Dr. Michael Shea as a medical partner.  I do not think that Mr. Bryygman was a regular contract role at that time.  

After the death of Dr. Shea, Dr. Dixon seemed to take over in Dr. Shea's role in the hospital - as a main antagonist, especially to Dr. Bob Hughes.  He was responsible (I do not think intentionally) of doing some slack pre-surgery preparation which was responsible for an explosion in the operating room resulting in the blindness of Dr. Hughes and Bob's need for a cornea transplant.

I have been watching the Television Academy Interview with Don Hastings (Bob #3), and he said that Bob's blindness was one of the actor's favorite storylines.

I am unable to remember who it was who revealed to Dr. Dan Stewart about his true past and parentage - was it Dr. Dixon or (probably) Dr. Shea.   I can remember the words told to Dan/Jimmy, but I cannot remember with certainty which of the two characters spoke the lines.   I am nearly sure that it was Dr. Shea, but I would appreciate another person confirming this.

• Members

Secret Storm

Wendy Porter       .teenage daughter,Tony     

...Rita MacLaughlin...66..

...Julie Mannix..Nov.66-69      

Erik Fulda...George Reinholt...Nov 67-68 affair, Mary Lou  

Mary Lou Glenway Carver...Joanna Miles...Nov 67-68..ex wife, Frank 

Amy Ames Rysdale Britton Kincaed.

.Beverly Lunsford...58-60                       

...June Carter...60                     

...Lynne Adams...71-73                                 

...Jada Rowland 54-74                                  (54-58; 60 or 61-67;April  68-71; 73-74)