Soap Opera Cast Lists and Character Guides- Cancelled and Current

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AS THE WORLD TURNS

Dennis Cunningham     Dennis Cunningham    Oct. 26 & 27/1981   WCBS Art Critic; appeared at fashion show

Jerry, bodyguard of B.J.    Brian Sheridan        11/28/05; 12/27/2005

Jill      Liz Ramos      1990  

Zachariah Knopf       Henny Youngman         11/26 & 27/1981  appeared at fashion show

Stanley  Larkin                Tony Edmonds      90   Philip Lombard's employee  

Dina Merrill     Dina Merrill    Oct. 26 & 27/1981    Fashion Show (Possibly had a character name????)

Lauren ___ Roberts   Celeste Holm   October 26 & 27/1981     appeared at fashion show  

Bill Sheriden    Michael Butler     1990   Noelle's father

Martha _____  Sheriden      Betsy Aidem   1990-91   Noelle's mother

I think I was wrong about Lauren Roberts being a friend of Ellen's. Thinking Dina Merrill may also have a character name floating around out there.

THE EDGE OF NIGHT

Landlady  (Matt Sharkey)      Polly Rowles   1981

THE BENNETTS

Blaney Cobb...Jack Lester (Jack Swineford)  

A TIME TO LIVE

Carl Sherman...Jack Lester  (Jack Swineford)  managing editor  

THE GUIDING LIGHT

David Powers          Anthony Kane                March 26,29,31 April 1 1982

Added   Thanks, @Paul Raven

• Members

As The World Turns

Sarah __ Fuller  Gloria DeHaven   1964-66  fashion designer, dated Don, bio mom to Amanda Holmes

Her first appearance was Nov 1965

Dr Paul Stewart   Dean Santoro   1970-71

He joined Sept 1969

Jennifer Hughes   Gillian Spencer    72-75   February 72 - October 75

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

@DRW50  When I was checking the AWHP last night, I noticed that Mike added the information from 1994 that you posted here. I forwarded it to him a few weeks ago, and last night was the first time I looked through the Dayplayers  in a while. Just wanted to pass that along.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

That site is so thorough I didn't even realize they would not have the info already. Thanks so much for telling me. If I ever feel like it I will have to dig through more of my magazines and scans to see if I have any other listings not already out there.

• Members

About 8 years ago I sent Eddie all the characters/actors that I had that they didn't. (Most of them had no dates, and as videos have popped up, they have been dated). He had Mike add them in, but as  they received a ton of the 1964-74 scripts, Mike has really had his work cut out for him. As thorough as it is, they still continue to keep adding more. In the past six months, he had found roles for Larry Keith and Bernie Barrow that had been rumored about for years. Another big find for Mike was the late Lanna Saunders as a temp Lee Randolph--complete with on set photos from their table reads and dress rehearsals.   Sometimes he messages me for help, and Jane (Jam) has uncovered things for him.

Anyhoo, enough rambling from me--they appreciate any heads up that improves their site, so thank you.

• Members

ADDITIONS

THE BRIGHTER DAY

?????????    Elizabeth "Betty" Wragge

THE DOCTORS

Patient befriended by Dr. Matt Powers    Flora Elkins      September    1964

Dr. Frank Field      Dr. Frank Field      12/10/1982        WNBC meteorologist and health reporter, as part of the stop smoking storyline Dec 10 1982

LOVE OF LIFE

????????    Elizabeth "Betty" Wragge

RYAN'S HOPE

??????     Barry Cullison

AS THE WORLD TURNS

Dr. Joyce Brothers       Dr. Joyce Brothers                 81; 10/19/1982

Nurse Carla Briggs     Lisa Gay Hamilton       1991        

Sarah __ Fuller  Gloria DeHaven   November 1965-66  fashion designer, dated Don, bio mom to Amanda Holmes

Dr.  ____  Hobson         Kenneth Land         1991

Nurse Jennifer Sullivan Ryan Hughes  was married to Dr. Chuck Ryan until his death, mother of Rick, Barbara, and Melinda (affair) as well as Frannie                    Gillian Spencer    February 1972- October 1975   

Dr. Paul Stewart   Son of David and Betty Stewart; doctor for the poor; met and married Liz,raised Betsy as his own until they lost a child; Liz went to a sanitarium; Paul died while divorcing her.  Years later it was discovered he had had a son, Stewart Markham Cushing by Lady Veronica Cushing while he studied abroad.  

Marco St. John    1969

Dean Santoro  September 1969-71

Captain Gideon Wyndom   Richard Michael Hughes    1991

THE EDGE OF NIGHT

Mrs. ___ Willis     Polly Rowles   1981    Landlady  (Matt Sharkey)

LOVING

Carl Jones    Barry Cullison      +April 1986

????????          Russ Anderson    ????

THE GUIDING LIGHT

David Powers          Anthony Kane                March 26,29,31 April 1 1982

GENERAL HOSPITAL Additions tomorrow.

• Members

@Paul Raven

Messages from Mike McGavin

Maybe she played Sylvia Dowling a juror during Pat's trial who had lines of dialogue during jury deliberations. Otherwise, her role may have been a jury spectator or recurring extra

Does he know the actor who played Pete [later Fred] Douglas for one episode in October 1965? Can't find that.