Days - Fan Favorite returns?

• Members

Bo Brady is completely played out and will not bring the type of viewer DAYS needs to survive. KA was always the 'star' of that relationship and, finally, the character has a viable alternative. I'm fine with a cameo, but, really, why back on salary? No. DAYS needs to do some major cutting and they have more than enough vets to keep it going. They just need to do a better job with the newer characters. For example, Chad has worked but it's because of the actor and the DiMera family.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Peter was always a stronger actor than Drake though.

I thought he even have an interview about not minding being a team player with a wage cut, he just wanted to get something to play and was basically told his days of having a story are over. Which is a shame. For all these vets. The show doesn't have to revolve around them but they should have a place and stories.

It's truly what has killed soaps. People over 40 and 50 have decent stories too.

• Members

Hope is so much better without Bo, like Marlena is better without John.

Unless they bring PR back for a short stint to bring full closure to the Bope pairing, I'd rather not see him on my screen again.

• Members

If anything, Bo should come back to tie up the divorce story.. have him and Hope have a confrontation over the fact that he's been gone instead of focusing on their family after working so hard to get to a good place. He could throw up the fact that she was gone for years, while she could point out that she was kidnapped, brainwashed, etc.. and it wasn't by choice.. while he has been gone for 2+ years by choice.

It could then end with the two admitting that while they love each other, they aren't in love anymore.. and both sign the divorce papers and truly move on.. him on missions and helping people out.. while Hope is chief of police and with Aiden. Actually with Aiden as lawyer and Hope as chief of police.. you have some character driven conflict because she would want justice while he would be a grey character trying to get his client off.

• Members

Part of the problem with the supercouples is just that they've been through so much story. In a perfect world, I'd love to have favorites like Bo, Jack, and Steve on the show -- or at least for all their exits to have been handled as well as Jack's has been -- but these couples have burned so much story. Of course it's easier to write stories for Jennifer and Hope moving on with their lives than it is to come up with another story for Bo/Hope as a couple that isn't a triangle/break-up. (Look at how badly the MarDar stories for them turned out.) It would help if their adult children were on the show, so they could be involved without having to be the centerpieces of the storyline.

• Members

But why do the couples even have to get back together?

The problem with this show is not that the couples are played out its that they refuse to write people as individuals rather than as couples.

Jack could have been viable without Jennifer. Hell Jack was Viable before Jennifer was.

They refuse to make Kayla a character and just as fluff.

They dont have to put bo and hope back together, but it is the 50th and Bo should be there.

• Members

Meh.

Honestly.

I missed him initially but this back and forth ... eh

I'm tired of DAYS being stuck in SuperCouple hell. Marlena is far better off without John (although I do like them together, when written correctly) and Hope has proven she can exist as a character away from Bo. I like Hope and Aiden but Aiden's just a bit of a step up from Ben, Clyde and Jordan's level of boredom, and that's not saying much. It's not like I prefer him all that much over Bo.

I think Bo and Hope can exist without having to be put back together but I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't think Higley's first priority is getting Reckell and Bo back and reuniting Hope and Bo. She LOVES them. (Although, IMO, her writing has sucked for them but apparently she just loves them so much).

I'd rather see news of Stephen Nichols, Matt Ashford, Jay Kenneth Johnson and Thaao Penghlis returning over Reckell, and I never actually thought I'd say that.

Archived