Days - Fan Favorite returns?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, nobody knows for sure what happened but I'm sure it was over wages. NBC probably wanted to lower his wages and he fought the good fight like Braeden, Moss and so on. But you don't beat the networks especially at his age. Just ask Drake and Dee. In his last tweet he said something like "nobody will miss Bo Brady more than me" so that tells me that he didn't want to go. But at least he stuck to his guns even though it cost him his job. I'm sure KA agreed to a wage cut partly so she could continue to promote her business. Anyways, I've really missed Peter Reckell so I hope he returns until the show ends. And I hope the new writers are Bope fans. Lot's of storyline here.

• Members

That's the impression I get, too, from things I've read and heard. Obviously, no one needs to be forced to work for less than they believe they're worth, but this is no longer a business where anyone is worth what Reckell was probably making in 2003 or whenever. Sorry. The business is not generating as much revenue, so you are not worth that level of pay. These actors have every right to opt out, but I'm not going to feel sorry for them that their cushy safety net is no longer there and they might have to work for something resembling a normal person's wage.

• Members

So much yes.

It's why KA got so upset with him using the fans to get a better salary.

He doesn't want to return unless they kill off five characters and get rid of three sets to pay for him but he also wants to use the fans to pressure TPTB. It's pathetic and desperate. He's been trying it for years. He has NOTHING going on. Say yes to a few episodes with WHATEVER pay and, finally, once and for all, shut the fυck up!

• Members

ah yes were so far from 1985 alright

in a world where every male on this show has zero layers and just plain sucks!

This show will never evolve because almost every new character is as interesting as a long wal mart check out line. Where youre just waiting and waiting for something to spark a character but all u get are awful secrets and fast forward buttons. Aiden is barely a notch above paige, daniel, and rafe in being a total bore.

• Members

Double edged sword. I see your point. Right now, Days has to do something or it will not live to see its 51st birthday. The problem was Days tried to introduce so many newbies last year and most of the stories stunk. It made the viewers want familiar faces back.

I think the fans are being listened to for the first time in a long while. We'll see if this is just temporary.

Archived