Days - Fan Favorite returns?

• Members

I don't think it makes sense to recast. Days is in trouble and if the premise is the newbies are not working out then you have to turn to some oldies to carry the show until you have new newbies. Years ago, maybe it was during the Sheffer debacle, Days took a cast hit and it seemed like suddenly half the cast was gone (Jack and Jennifer, the Lockharts, I want to say Billie left around this time too but I could be getting confused, this might have been the period when that dumb airline story ended and that whole crew left. Anyway, the show suddenly became all about Sami and Celeste of all people on every day trying to figure something out about EJ or somebody, I think their only other story was Shawn and Belle on that silly Island with the old coot in the hotel. The show needed time to settle down and introduce stuff like the sorority and campus rapist which led to the blonde girl's father which left to Stefano vs Victor. But they needed Sami, Celeste and whoever else to carry the show while they introduced new people.

To recast Bo does literally nothing since all you wind up is some strange guy loved by literally no one in the audience being on all the time. How does that fill seats in the audience?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This plus a million likes.

Speaking of someone who wants to see Peter back on Days and Bo back with Hope, there's one thing hanging over Days' head that makes the difference. If Days doesn't do something to get these numbers up, the show may not live to see its 51st birthday.

Does this mean you have to reunite all the supercouples? Well, yes and no. You can bring back Bo but also bring back Belle without Shawn. Maybe Shawn doesn't want to come back to Salem because he thought Bo "abandoned the family" and Hope moved on too quickly? Maybe Belle's marriage to Shawn suffered because of it? Where has Jack been? Patch? Were they all held captive?

When you've established some of the fan favorites back on the canvas, that's when you bring in new characters to play off of the old fan favorites and start crafting new stories. That's how it was done in the past. Instead, TomSell felt the need to stick a giant middle "F-U" finger in the air at the long-time fans. Their message was we're creating all these new characters and never bringing back the favorites we all loved. The longtime fans' response was to desert the show in droves.

I'm back partially as a viewer, but it will take a lot more than that to get me to return full time. I know others will agree or disagree, just wanted to put my opinion out there. :)

Archived