GH: AMC actress joining show

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl, *snaps* while I wouldn't state it as strongly. She was like in the D-/F (Grading A-F) range in striking chemistry with others and that was due to a general hardness.

Somebody in here did a Lucci versus Budig comparison - noting ABCD had a hard on to make her the next Erica - that noted Budig didn't have Lucci's vulnerability or her comedic timing. No, no Budig IMO has good comedic timing. As I said earlier in the thread, "Greenlee" as played by RB was Erica IF Erica had almost no underlying softness (vulnerability) and almost no sex appeal (charisma, chemistry). The bitch part? Fine? The comedic timing? Fine.

Somebody in here said the fake pregnancy reveal did not work on AMC? It was better suited for DAYS. Uhm, blasphemy. The fake pregnancy is a staple of soap opera. Nearly every frame of that set of scenes on AMC still gives me chills...

• Members

I'd have to agree with all of this. RB can do comedy, and she can do bitch with amazing skill. There's just nothing likable there. There was nothing about Greenlee that made me want to root for her. Did I outright hate her at times? Sure. Did I feel sorry for her? No, not really. It's hard to feel sorry for a character you dislike intensely. I will admit that the only times I've really and truly LIKED Greenlee were in fan fiction in which her hard edge was softened a bit and she was given the vulnerability to make her empathetic.

As for the new role on GH, of course the character is a "spitfire." I don't know that she has the range to play a sweet or sympathetic character.

Archived