Days Promo - OLTL's Melissa Archer Returns to Daytime

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVE those promos. I remember someone packing them in the rest of SB's promos over the years. I remember the lady who played Tori saying that "She only has one life to live" and Lenore Kasdorf saying "The Guiding Light lead her to Santa Barbara." Clever promos. I wish soaps would actually do that more since they stunt cast so much. Might as well take a dig and throw shade. The messiness might generate some press and heat.

But the promo with MA was cute. I just wish they would've made her freaking Sarah Horton. mad.gif

• Members

The Jed one was not as shady as the other ones. :P

But gosh I love watching those SB promos or just old soap promos in general. The networks and shows seemed to care what they advertise and knew how to grab the audience. Nowadays, they don't give a f*ck and don't promote the shows altogether.

I wish I was alive to watch 80s soaps in real time [i was born in '88]. I'd probably be a wreck as I'd want to keep up with all the shows at the time.

• Members

Kassie's promo was sh*tty. It was more about Sami than it was about Eve returning to town. IMO, DAYS hasn't done a good promo since it was announced that Crystal Chappell was returning as Carly all those years ago. Soaps seriously need to fire ALL the workers in promotion. They all suck. If they'd stick to doing good promos for TV and getting them shown in good slots [i.e. primetime] instead of focusing on promoting the shows via social media, all would probably fall into the place for them.

Archived