RIP Victoria Mallory (Leslie#2, Y&R)

• Members

This from Janice Lynde:

" The Universe is always circling, in it's unfathomable paths of Synchonicity. Not until about ten years ago, did Victoria & I cross Paths Out of the "blue". i got a call from her. She had talked to my dear friend and mentor , Joan Darling. Victoria and Mark were moving to LA from Park looking for an acting coach for her daughter, Ramona, and Joan had said there was only one...Janice Lynde. We had a wonderful lunch, connected easily, sharing fond memories and experiences of our shared soul of "Leslie". I told her I was always grateful, she had carried "Leslie" on with the Dignity I always believed was at the Heart of the character. She and her husband, Mark, brought Ramona to her first session with me & entrusted me with her next phase of training. I was honored & humbled. Ramona, a huge talent and spirit in her own right, blossumed & after almost 3 years, i felt she belonged in NYC, where her musical & acting talents would be most valued, (the path, both her mother & I had taken.) "Let Hollywood bring you when they know they need you", was my philosophy. I loved them all, like family, even tho' our time was brief. They moved back to NYC, (I'm sure for more reasons than I knew). The last time I saw them was in NYC. I'd finished a film in Europe, and wanted to see A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, since I would be playing Desiree in years to come. As I read the program, I saw Ramona's name. She was making her Broadway debut in the role Victoria had created many years before, & met here father Mark.! I sent a note backstage...It was Ramona's Birthday, & Victoria & Mark were in the audience. We had a glorious celebration of Life, Love, Birthdays, & the Remarkable Connections we'd experienced. I have a deep abiding love for the time we spent together, and profoundly feel a connection with Victoria, Mark & Ramona...their extraodinary family! Blessings!"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sadden and shocked to hear about this :( she was so young. :( It really is a shame minus those promos how little of her Leslie is on youtube....Those messages were very touching from Brenda and Janice Lynde, Doug Davidson also wrote a nice little tribute on his twitter and they were good friends.....(but did Paul and Victoria's Leslie have scenes together?)

I'm sort of disappointed that EB MTS and those who came on while she was still there (though for a only a short time left) haven't said anything....

• Members

I found the interview.. Doug was good friends with her husband, and as a favor to him, he gave her a ride home from work one day, and that's how he ended up getting his foot in the door at Y&R. I never heard anything about them dating. Victoria and her husband were married in 1975, she's like 8 years older than him.

• Members

I guess since her husband was younger then her it would explain how Doug and him were friends (not that the age thing really matters) but I guess I wouldn't picture them really interacting that much offscreen if he didn't know her husband....

It would be very interesting if scenes existed of her interacting with the current vets of Y&R that came on while she was still on the show.....I know that's unlikely but supposedly she taught Nikki piano and Victor hired her to teach her.....She just seems more of this "old school" type of soap actresses that I wouldn't be able to picture sharing scenes with some of the more current soap actors especially the ones that may have been on for Y&R for years.....

• Members

Victoria Mallory was on Y&R 1977-1984 and her version of Leslie interacted with Nikki, Victor, Katherine, Paul, Danny, Gina, Brock.

I know what you mean though. She was of a different era for Y&R. The vast majority of Y&R viewers today didn't see the Foster/Brooks and have no knowledge or interest in them. They only know of and care about Newmans/Abbotts/Winters.

Y&R missed the opportunity to bring back Leslie and Lance's son Brooks Prentiss.

• Members

Thanks for giving me an idea of who she interacted with. I guess it would make sense she also knew Danny and Gina because of her being a pianst so I'm sure she had music related scenes with them.....wish we could see her scenes though....I guess she never really interacted with the Abbotts though.

to be fair any male adult actor Y&R has cast recently could have either been Brooks or Chuckie Foster.....that includes Steve Burton, Sean Carrigan, Burgess Jenkins even that new guy that will be Avery's ex.....they have no respect for history as we already know....

Archived