RIP Victoria Mallory (Leslie#2, Y&R)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I listed 1984, since that was the last time she appeared. Danny worked at the Alegro that Leslie owned as a singing waiter. Gina borrowed the money from Jack to buy the place from Leslie. Gina also dated Stuart Brooks for a bit after he was seperated from Liz. I have a 1982 cast photo and Victoria Mallory is standing in the Abbott living room.

Speaking of Stuart Brooks, around the time Nikki started working at the Bayou, Liz felt sorry for Nikki having to strip to pay her bills and wanted to help Nikki out. She asked Stuart if Nikki could move into the Brooks home and he said No......LOL

• Members

That's true. Stu was always fond of Greg and he let Greg & Nikki have their wedding in the Brooks home. Chris loaned her wedding gown to Nikki to wear. I wish someone had that 1979 wedding on tape to upload. I have seen clips of it, but I want to see the whole episode.

• Members

Here is a statement from Jaime Lyn Bauer:

"A number of you alerted me to the passing of actress Victoria Mallory who played my sister on the Young and the Restless. I found out on Sunday, the day after she died. I appreciate those who made a comment regarding her. she was my dearest friend on the show. For those of you who remember some of the nasty scenes we had to do playing our characters! Well we loved each other and after those scenes we would go to each other and just hold each other in a long hug and tell each other we didn't really mean it. Victoria and I were pregnant together. We hung out a lot lot then. I was carrying my first daughter and she was carrying her first and only daughter (as it turned out. Both of our pregnancies and successful birth were miracles so we shared a lot then. We saw each other as families and while she and Mark lived in Park City, we saw them every time we were there (it's one of the reasons we bought a place there). Mark hunted and cooked us venison. They often had a real wigwam set up in their back yard where they would gather with friends and just hang out and talk. Victoria was as beautiful inside as out. She was always smiling, kind, vivacious, sweet, supportive, warm and down to earth. I cried my eyes out most of Sunday with the news, but felt better after calling others who knew her and just sharing memories with them. For those of us who knew her more than in passing, a little bit of us has died with her. I am praying for Mark and Ramona: that God grant them His peace which passes understanding and that He gives them grace to walk through the rest of their lives without her. She was their sun."

• Members

She was the only Leslie I knew, because my family came to America in late 1977 and that was when I began watching Y&R.

It may seem odd, but I spoke no words of English at the time, and connected to Leslie as a child because of my love for classical music, especially classical piano music--I had already been taking lessons and would continued to take lessons, with a few breaks, to this day.

I appreciated a show like Y&R that cared enough to cast actors who actually knew how to play the piano, and Victoria played the piano beautifully. I might not have understood, at that time, complexities of stories involving Leslie, Laurie and Lance, etc., but I remember feeling transfixed whenever Leslie sat down on the piano to play. (I didn't get to watch Janice Lynde play the piano until the premiere episode of Y&R became available on the internet.)

Two pieces of music played by Victoria on the show came to mind: the famous slow movement from Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata (No. 8, Op. 13), and Aufschwung ("Soaring"), the 2nd piece from Robert Schumann's Fantasy Pieces, Op. 12. The show never really had her play the entire selection, but enough snippets to showcase her talents on the keyboard.

Archived