ALL: Haven't they already met?

• Members

He may not be the greatest actor, but he definitely takes pride and has passion about his character's history. Shame they never gave him or us a definite answer on who is John Black, and they probably never will at this point.

At what point in the early 90's (I'm guessing '93 when Reilly became head writer...) did Victor Kiriakis become such a softie? Weren't they all chasing after him in Mexico in '91 or something?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. And not only that, but even if they were to come up with another answer to the question and then swore on their own necks that that was really and truly The Answer, few, if any, would believe them. They'd just shrug and wait until the next retcon. (Provided, of course, they even give a damn anymore.)

• Members

Dream Scenario #2: Stefano DiMera dies (for real this time...no, really) and sends John, Marlena and several others on a hunt that ends with Stefano admitting John is, in fact, the one, true Roman Brady. Josh Taylor's Roman is an unwitting impostor, and all the retcons to John's history are revealed to be Stefano's handiwork, all designed with the purpose of [!@#$%^&*] with the Brady's. Roman, or "Roman," leaves Salem to uncover his true identity. However, in order to appease Ken Corday, Taylor shows up next time as the returning Chris Kositchek. And "Roman" is never seen or heard from again.

• Members

To be fair to Reilly, they did start to soften him after Brady was born. He promised Isabella he would change, and then he repeated the promise when she was dying. But JER definitely took it all the way, turning him into a typical businessman.

When he came back from his coma, he got a little tougher. He made some threats against Chloe and tried to kill Sami. But he didn't go back to the mob. Years later, they started to revisit his gangster status, although at that point I was already done with the show, so I didn't see much of it.

And yeah....he was pretty bad during the Cancun storyline. At one point, Carly untied him (when Bo went to fight Stephano) and he was getting ready to leave. Carly couldn't let him do that, since he was presumed dead and she was accused of his murder. She said she was going to shoot him if he left, but Victor said he was leaving. Then the gang got back to subdue him. As they took him off he said to Carly: "I guess we'll never know whether you really would have pulled that trigger." Carly responded "No, I guess we won't."

I think the show didn't quite know what to do with Victor after they actually went as far as to have him attempt to kill Bo during the Carly triangle. So when the RKK recast happened, there was a scene where Kiriakis was of mixed mind. Victor was supposedly going to trade for him, but it was also over a territory battle with Rafi Torres. Victor was portrayed as not being too concerned with Bo's fate, but when the transfer went wrong, and Bo appeared to be shot, Victor was clearly upset.

Archived