ALL: Haven't they already met?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a funny one to explain, I'm not positive but before they actually had Jill and Victor interact more after the Jabot takeover, I always assume that they knew of each other for years starting back in the early 80's....I swore once that I read that when Eve Howard was around during that time Jill helped her rent out a room or something (I guess either Bond Gideon or Deborah Adair was playing Jill) so that must have been how Victor heard of Jill....then Jill married John, and while i'm not sure how much Victor even interacted with the Abbotts during those times, I'm sure he got an ear full about Jill since she was married to John for a few years before their first divorce.....Unfortunately besides the first Victor and Nikki wedding I haven't come across a lot of scenes of Brenda Dickson as Jill interacting with Victor...I bet those would have been fun to see.

Then Like I said years later was the Jabot stuff where Jill and Victor started to interact a lot more (with Jess Walton on at this point), even resulting to that one night stand which made Jill think he was gonna marry her....

What's interesting though is in some of the early 1990 episodes I have uploaded Victor refers to Jill as "Mrs.Abbott" instead of just calling her Jill while she just calls him Victor casually....I guess he was just trying to be professional, but it also shows that prior to that he didn't know her well enough yet though both characters had been on for about a decade that point.....He does just call her Jill later in those episodes and later on of course....so maybe it was just being professional....

• Members

Victor Newman will always be famous for having to say full names though there really is no need to...it's just his trademark....YOU GOT THAT!! haha

I always thought Y&R had more "common" names for their characters so I guess that's why over the years people had to sometimes use first and last names even though they supposedly knew these people very well....I still think it's funny when Ashley was talking about Sheila in the one 1993 episode I uploaded and she didn't bother to use her last name when bringing her up.....which is funny cause I don't even know if they interacted at all...

• Members

Yes, in fact while Eve was stalking Nikki dressed as the caterer there was a hilarious scene where Eve makes Jill hold the tray of champagne cause she's too preoccupied in following Nikki. Jill was with Liz and all of a sudden Eve goes up to Jill and casually asks her to hold the tray and a surprised Jill says (in a way only La Dickson can) "I beg your pardon" as Eve walks off then Liz just grabs a drink off the tray haha.

anyways I guess they were invited cause Victor considered them important people in G.C even if he didn't know them yet....I thought at least Jack and Nikki were friends by then and he wasn't at the wedding.

• Members

On Y&R, I don't think Katherine interacted all that much with the Brooks family till down toward the end of their run when Stu married Jill then Liz. I don't know if she ever interacted with Jennifer Brooks (Stu's first wife) when she was on the show. Her early storylines were with the Fosters.

• Members

Another one from Days is how it seems Stefano, Orpheus, Ernesto Toscano, and Lawrence ran in the same circle because Orpheus caused Marlena's "death", Ernesto caused Hope's, and Lawrence Alamain caused Steve's but they all seem to turn up alive and held captive by Stefano.

That's true, I guess. I think Calliope made mention of it when she made her first returned in 2005.

• Members

Yes, thank you. I was thinking about this just the other day. I wish someone had explained how all these people had ended up in Stefano's possession. Did he win them from their respective captors in a poker game?

• Members

I hate it when a new character arrives and it's mentioned that he or she knows an established character, so you wait for that to develop into some sort of story, and then.... nothing. AMC did that with Vanessa Bennett - she knew Adam Chandler from somewhere in the past, they talked to each other, it was established that they'd known each other, and then nothing. They barely interacted, and IDK that any explanation for their prior encounters was ever given.

• Members

Soaps used to tape in order at least by the day...some shows actually taped in "real" order like one would have if it was live.

With Luke and Anna on GH, they were "involved" before Frank/Ron during the whole crazy story that involved an island. They became friends during that mess...

• Members

Speaking of big casts and common names - Y&R had two "Johns" on for several year when "John Silva" was on board. I always found that fascinating for the soap world because shows go to great lengths to avoid same names (unless they are Jrs. and then they do stuff like "Adam" instead of Victor, Jr.)

Somebody help me here - did Y&R state that Ashley and Olivia were not only best friends, but they went to college together? I could've sworn they dropped that during the prelude to the Brad affair. Can anyone clarify? Because if I'm remembering correctly I don't believe it was established when Olivia first appeared. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, then that would've changed the foundation of the friendship.

Archived