Y&R promo: Shemar's back!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What? What do you even base this "belief" on?

But you just said she was forced out.

No offense but this sounds like nothing more than wild speculation.

The only thing I ever remember being mentioned here about Kay Alden was that she was involved in some kind of propeller accident (!!!) and thus retired? Anyone can confirm this?

Different direction?

They wanted the show utterly decimated. And they got it (only to then desperately try to go back).

• Members

Forced out as in Brad didn't renew her contract or ask her back to the show. If Brad still wanted her there, she would still be there. Kay is still healthy and willing to work, but no one wants her.

Also, if you reference Kay's comment to fellow ex Y&R writer Linda Freiwald-Schreiber in September of last year on her Facebook page, she clearly mentions being unemployed. So, please take that "wild speculation" elsewhere.

Picture1AldenFB_zps8bde5184.jpg

Her Facebook profile, she's a healthy/active woman: https://www.facebook.com/kay.aldennelson?fref=ts

• Members

Don't give me that BS!

You made contradictory statements (she was fired/it was mutual) and speculated on the reasons she was "forced" out ("I think she was expendable") without a lick of explanation or evidence initially.

So, please, take your wild speculation elsewhere if you don't like having your random claims justifiably questioned.

• Members

Upset I provided evidence, I see. Typical. I want to know how "forced out" contradicts not knowing the full extent of her relationship with Bradley Bell. No one fully knows why he didn't renew her contract (but Alden and Bell themselves), but he did and she's no longer writing for his show. Kay seems to have moved on and handled the whole thing well, but again, she didn't leave on her own accord, which was my point.

Where's your evidence of her supposed accident that forced her into retirement? OK, then.

• Members

Something about the way Kay immediately mentions not being at B&B and being "among the ranks of the unemployed" right off with a friend she is reconnecting with on facebook makes me think their may be some hard/bitter feelings. Maybe it's just me.

• Members

LOL! Upset? Over you? No.

Besides, I asked for it. If you weren't too busy defending your ego and speculating, you would have posted what you had and been done with it. It's not my fault you were ranting on and on, saying one thing in one post and another in the next. nbe.jpg

And that's exactly where you speculated... but you don't see that, do you?

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

The difference is that 1) I didn't state it as fact, 2 ) I asked for anyone remembering better to confirm/deny it, 3) I didn't speculate. See how that works, boo boo?

Bye!

• Members

It might not be just you. For years, rumors suggested how Kay Alden did not get along with Bradley or with Bill Bell Jr. She also (allegedly) clashed with Ed Scott when he was EP at Y&R, although I think most of us knew that already. That is why it floored me when she ended up working again with Bradley and Ed at B&B after her consulting gig at ABCD went nowhere. Surely, I thought, DAYS could have used her help? In fact, they still could.

• Members

Sure. smile.png

Not my fault you didn't understand what I posted. Again, the whole point was Alden not willingly leaving B&B, which was confirmed by her "unemployment" comment.

This topic has been discussed before on this board, not my fault you may have missed it. I only brought in the evidence after your accusatory "wild speculation" comment. Incredibly ironic you're talking about "defending ego" here.

And it was my opinion on the whole matter. This is a public message board where we're allowed to speculate on happenings, right? Brad didn't renew her contract, thus fired her, that's why she's "unemployed." Also, no one else has hired the woman since. Hence, she's been "forced out" of the industry. What's so hard to see here? Kay, as evident by her Facebook page, still seems to have many friends at B&B, and has seemed to moved on, she seems to be enjoying her post-soap writing life, hence why I said it it may have been mutual in the end for her.

Maybe if If you weren't too busy defending your ego, you wouldn't have brought up some irrelevant hearsay. smile.png

Adios!

• Members

Yep, exactly. Try again.

I understood perfectly well. You just didn't like being questioned.

Which I asked you not to take offense to but you couldn't resist.

Thank you for your attempt at wittiness but I am merely someone who refuses to let people be insubstantially rude. smile.png

Well, unlike you, I have no problem taking a second look and confirming what I've said. Turns out--I was right. There was an accident but it much earlier than I remembered and not connected to her retirement. Which I stated from the very beginning. Are you ready for some cold, hard proof?

• Members

Again, sure. smile.png

And again, this topic has been discussed before, so I didn't see the need to bring in old evidence from the beginning that some may have already seen.

Maybe you can follow your own advice then. smile.png

This sidebar discussion was about Alden's exit from B&B. She may have had an accident, and I do hope she's fully recovered, but it has nothing to do with this topic/discussion.Maybe we'll debate her accident for some reason in another thread, but until then, not relevant for us to discuss here, so no proof needed from me. smile.png

• Members

:lol:

The standard answer when you can't refute someone's point.

So predictable.

Too bad. I don't read every single last post. TWO posters asked you to explain/expand and you immediately went on the defense.

Oh, hunni, I'm never nice to anyone who's rude, especially for no reason.

KenyaDontComeForMe.gif

HA! Didn't think so. ;)

I guess "evidence" is important as long as you're the one to procure it?

kenya-moore-next.gif

It would be interesting to see (in a hypothetical world) how she would have done with such a different soap from Y&R.

Archived