Y&R promo: Shemar's back!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's nothing to be confused about.

The point I was making was that more actors of color were admitting to (in print) changing their dialogue (without getting paid) when that isn't their job.

It highlights how problematically white Daytime still is & how flippant many viewers are to the struggles of minority actors in a hermetic industry that devalues their talent, possesses undue expectations of their labor & refuses to change its historically oppressive status quo.

• Members

Ah, okay. When you asked where you had heard Shemar's comments before, I thought you were talking about someone in particular.

And for God's sake, how did Kay Alden burn her bridges with SONY? Inquiring minds still want to know, lol.

Agree. :)

• Members

Sara Bibel was asked about that on one of the Daytime Confidential podcasts and she simply said that once Lynn Latham got all the Bell people out there was no going back for them. I don't know why, but the industry has never looked at Y&R and B&B and wanted to emulate that despite their success. If you look at it, most of those writers couldn't even get touched by other soaps, Bibel worked briefly for AMC and was fired and then Kay Alden was passed over for all 3 ABC soaps which makes no sense. These are people who trained over a daytime legend, yet it doesn't matter. Alden had YEARS of HW experience and you mean Ken Corday didn't think to call her up? It really baffles me and then none of the staff members are ever given a chance as the HW position. It's like being attached to the Bell's is a bad thing.

• Members

Victoria has said many times that Bill Bell collaborated with her and allowed her to change dialogue and things like that. It's pretty obvious now that I'm watching her early episodes on YouTube. Her stuff is too diverse and different from what everyone else is doing. I think that may have been a reason she was upset they never let her write for the show officially, since we all know she'd been doing it behind the scenes for years.

• Members

^I hope so.

I'm so bummed I cannot watch live tomorrow. *weeps*

I've been wanting Shemar back on the show for so many years. Eddie "Make me a sandwich" Winslow was not my Malcolm. And, the Winters family just isn't right without him. Neil needs his brother for many many reasons. The animosity and tension between them being a great one.

Plus, Kristoff and Shemar are wonderful on screen together.

Archived