2014 Emmys Live Thread

All My Shadows

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who was doing that flat version of "Smile"? Was that Norah Jones? The formatting for that was way off - half the names were cropped.

I could barely hear half of what Weird Al said.

The Robin Williams tribute was nicely put together.

Same old same old Emmys. Lots of "hip" nominations, but status quo winners.

Seth Meyers was forced and stale. I rolled my eyes at the 1976 jab - I'm not even a fan of Columbo, but it's far better than most current TV. That faux-hipster, elitist prattle is a great example of why so many have abandoned TV.

I don't like Jimmy Kimmel but he was much funnier in his brief piece about Matthew Mc.

Is it me or did everything seem very sparse?

My favorite part was that Sherlock won so many awards and clearly NO ONE thought they would win. Only Steven Moffat was there, he was not enthused, and there was barely any applause. Ryan Murphy must have been spitting blood.

Lackluster night. For all the talk of TV's new golden age, I rarely see it, and tonight was an example of why.

• Members

Yeah, Carmen Zapata (Carmen Castillo [Cruz's mother, not sister here, obviously, as both had the same name, IIRC], SaBa). And her credit even was for Santa Barbara during the roster, even though she'd been in a bunch of stuff.

Archived