B&B: Ronn Moss Considers His Recast a BETRAYAL!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You got 25 YEARS of entertainment and front-burner storylines from the character. What the hell else do you feel you're owed? Ronn CHOSE to leave. He wasn't just indifferently discarded the way, say, Julia Barr was on AMC. One of the frequent complaints I see from soap fans is that it's stupid to kill off a viable character just because the actor wants out, because then you have to either leave the character dead or come up with a stupid "back from the dead" storyline - and we all bitch about how overused those are!

Ronn Moss does not own Ridge Forrester. B&B does. B&B had every right to want to the character back - as you stated, this character is a core part of the show. They gave him the courtesy of a personal phone call to tell him that they'd chosen to recast the part, which was a classy move on B&B's part when you consider that Eden Riegel found out via Twitter that she was being dropped from Y&R. It's a very bad idea to let actors dictate casting and story direction when they choose to leave, and it's an equally bad idea to kill off a character just because the actor is tired of being on the show or has found something better to do.

• Members

I wouldn't have replaced RM, just because he had been with B&B for so long. But Brad Bell believed he was totally in the right to do so and I respect him for that. RM just needs to embrace the fact that it's over and move on. Or at least wait for another phone call from Lesley Webber Frank Valentini.

• Members

When you are one of the key stars to a show you do not recast. I wouldn't have recast Stephanie, Eric, Brooke or Ridge. I don't care why the actor is leaving. They have been the face of B&B for 25 years and if they decide to leave they deserve exits that suit their popularity and tenure. Killing people off isn't the only option for an exit.

Thorsten Kaye could've played someone else or not been brought on either. The show doesn't need him. They have Don Diamont, John McCook, Winsor Harmon (who could've easily done everything they've given Ridge to do) not to mention a fine stable of supporting male actors.

• Members

I'm so over this B.S.....tongue.png

I admit it does kind of suck when people go back on their word, but it doesn't sound like Brad made Ronn any promises.They wanted Ridge back so they recasted end of story....

I admit it's a shame that a 25 year relationship with the Bell family has gone down the tubes because of this (not that it was always peaches and cream) but him and Devon just need to move on.....and I don't think I want to see Ronn take on any type of role. His best bet is getting a few more appearances at GH.

• Members

I think Moss wanted more money and when Bell refused, he walked and assumed the role would stay open. It's stupid for him to claim betrayal, especially since he left a gig that was quite secure. He's a terrible actor, but Bell would have kept him around just because he was there from day one and the viewers were used to him. Moss tried to play a money game and lost.

• Members

TK has now been written into a corner, which is always the case 3-6 months after B&B introduces another character into the mix. Still, he is a welcome addition to me. Let's be honest, RM had looked bored out of his mind for a very long time. And I know it can happen (God only knows how bored I was at my last job LOL), but this is a very unforgiving medium. Plus, he is still making money off of his B&B past (playing backstage videos during his concerts, getting invited to places just because he was Ridge not because he sings in the Players).

Archived