B&B: Ronn Moss Considers His Recast a BETRAYAL!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh god he chose to leave and didn't want to take the paycut. Brad and CBS can recast any character anytime they want. They did wait a few years before doing so though it wasn't overnight that IMO was respectful and they chose whatever they damn want to do with the character. At least Michelle Stafford said I hope they recast and it's their character. It's sour grapes and he's upset Thorsten has done well.

• Members

Ronn Moss was a great Ridge and a major part of B&B's ratings success. Is he a great actor? No, but he has charisma and he fit that role perfectly. I understand his frustration, but I think he should've kept it to himself. IMO after 25 years they SHOULDN'T have recast. He is one of the 4 core members and he should've been given an exit deserving of his tenure. It annoys me when soaps keep doing this, similar to Peter Reckell on DAYS. You don't always have to kill a character off, but these major actors deserve proper exits. THE FANS deserve proper exits.

With that said, and this may sound hypocritical, but I wish DAYS would cast him as Bo. Unlike Ridge that role has already been recast and Peter had left before. If they don't want to kill him or properly write him off I could see Ronn doing a good job in the role.

• Members

As has been said, Brad Bell couldn't have been classier in the way he handled it. He didn't even owe Ronn that courtesy call. With that said I kind of feel like Ridge was unrecastable. Ronn is a terrible actor, but that was the point. You can't just cast him with an actual actor and have him start reading poetry and stuff. He was camp, so you can't just make him into a tortured soul. The character wasn't even offscreen for long. He really wasn't needed on canvas and nuRidge hasn't added anything to the show.

Even though Ronn is acting a fool now, this just shows how much he cares and convinces me he'll be back eventually.

Archived