DAYS stars young and old on SAG's unclaimed residuals list...

• Members
SAG'S UNCLAIMED RESIDUALS LIST INCLUDES "DAYS" STARS FROM THE EARLY YEARS THROUGH TODAY...

Deadline Hollywood reported that many famous people are listed in the "unclaimed residuals" page of SAG, meaning the people (or their estate) are owed money but can't be located (even though the list includes Oscar winners and former Presidents, so some should be very easy to locate).

Upon reading the article, I decided to see if any "Days" actors are owed money, and found quite a few. You can do a search for any actor and see if they are owed money on this page: http://www.sagaftra.org/search-unclaimed-residuals

After a quick search, I've found that the estates of Macdonald Carey, Frances Reid and Edward Mallory are owed money as well as more recent and current "Days" stars, such as Nadia Bjorlin, Ian Buchanan, Molly Burnett, Crystal Chappell, Shawn Christian, Christie Clark, Galen Gering, Deidre Hall, Mark Hapka, Bill Hayes, Susan Seaforth Hayes, Shelley Hennig, Drake Hogestyn, Joseph Mascolo, Allison Paige, Melissa Reeves, James Reynolds, James Scott...and even the youngest "Days" stars of all, 1-year-old twins Harper & Sydnee Udell (Arianna)!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is possible though some of these people are owed money from something other than Days, right? It doesn't say what production owes them money though in some cases it must be Days. What I find funny is some of these people are on twitter. Hopefully they see the list and contact SAG.

• Members

Sure, Mac Carey might be owed a few cents for an Alfred Hitchcock repeat or Bill Hayes might be owed a few cents if someone played his version of "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" on a show. Most are probably for non-Days projects.

• Members

I have gotten residual checks for less than the cost of the stamp. It's not uncommon. There's a bar in L.A. that'll trade those measly checks for a drink. But say you're a lead who appeared in every episode of your series. When those piles of checks arrive, and it's one check per episode, it's like tedious Christmas and that all adds up. I moved years ago and filed my change of address with the union. My checks still have my old address printed on them, but they're mailed to the right house. I can understand these unclaimed residuals when the member has passed away and the family has relocated, but I don't get how any living, active member has unclaimed residuals. SAG-AFTRA members pay dues twice a year. The bill comes to your home/business address unless you've taken the trouble to log into the website and specify online billing. If you're not paying your dues, you'll lose your membership. I can't see how any active member, especially with representation, wouldn't have their information up to date with their union.

Archived