9-10 PM GRACEPOINT

Friday
8-9 PM Masterchef Junior
9-10 PM UTOPIA

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I think moving some of the sitcoms to Sunday might be a good move as well. Clearly the 2 hour comedy block on Tuesday's wasn't working.

I notice GLEE's not anywhere on the schedule .I wonder where they are going to plug it in it.

• Administrator

I kind of would've liked to see Gotham air on Tuesdays at 8pm going up against M's.A.of.Shield (assuming ABC keeps it there) for a DC/Marvel battle. I like B99 and Mulaney on Sundays airing after two established shows.

• Members

Yes, CBS is very smart in how they schedule. Sometimes too safe, but at least they try and usually are able to develop new hits that can then be moved around to decent success elsewhere. That's ABC's problem. Relying on the same stale lineup year after year with no real new hits emerging. I expect to be disappointed with their lineup.

I think it was smart as hell to put B99 and Mulaney on Sunday's. Gives them a fighting chance, maybe. It's still a risk though.

Gotham on Monday paired with Sleepy Hollow makes perfect sense. Good move there. Cannot wait for this block of time.

I think they need to cut their losses with New Girl and Mindy Project. Horrible terrible ratings. Utopia seems interesting enough but I don't know that I see it doing very well. Could be wrong of course. But Tuesday is looking very poor.

I don't know about Red Band Society. I have to look at that one more. I love Octavia Spencer. I'm gonna predict it won't do well. Hell's Kitchen does OK and I like the show but it's not exactly a ratings blockbuster.

I approve of them scaling down Idol. Smart, but the ratings really sank. I admit I was surprised they didn't cancel it. But considering some of their other shows (Glee, Mindy, New Girl), it looked like a huge ratings winner.

Bones on Thursday makes sense. It's solid and it's their last year. Gracepoint is being lauded as having a stellar cast so I'm 50/50 on how I think it will do. I mean, look at the Following. Amazing start and now it's sunk to meh numbers. Although I think Gracepoint is just a limited series so it doesn't matter.

Friday's look like a waste.

I'm still a little pissed Enlisted and Surviving Jack weren't given a better shot. Surviving Jack was absolutely hilarious and it's ratings were on par with the other sitcoms that are doing even more terrible.

Reilly shouldn't be so arrogant about the success of Fox. It's not exactly launching major breakout hits (besides Sleepy Hollow, to a degree). I think they'll be in a bit of trouble.

• Members

I know with mindy and I'd assume new girl, it sells well outside the us and has a higher household income average than others for network and that goes a long way. It's not just us 18-49 female ratings that matter as much as it would seem.

I do agree about enlisted and surviving jack. They were both great and had a lot of potential but when shows start that late into the season they are usually doomed cuz the network seems uninterested in them.

I do like that fox is changing up episode season orders. They don't have to be 13 or 22. Fox actually used to not follow those rules. Some shows are better served shorter and some longer - there are like 30 episode seasons of some of their old shows!

And cheers to them breaking the animation Sunday up! It's about time.

• Members

That sounds familiar about Mindy and New Girl. They're not bad at all but they do awful in the ratings. LOL. I'm glad they sell well elsewhere so Fox is making the money to justify keeping them on.

I agree about their episode orders. Not all shows should be 22 episodes (I think Desperate Housewives would have suited better as 13-15 episodes, IMO, just for an example I guess) and some should be a little longer than 12-14 episodes.

They made some interesting moves and I like that they're trying something different on Sunday's. I think they could be a bit more agressive on Friday's in the future. It's not THAT DOA of a night anymore. Although I'd imagine Master Chef/Kitchen Nightmares/etc. and Utopia are far cheaper than a high profile or cult drama.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here's the Premiere dates!

Sunday, Sept. 7
8-9 pm: UTOPIA (Series Premiere, Part One)

Tuesday, Sept. 9
8-9 pm: UTOPIA (Series Premiere, Part Two / Time Period Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 10
8-10 pm: HELL’S KITCHEN (Season 13 Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 12
8-9 pm: UTOPIA (Series Premiere, Part Three / Time Period Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 16
9-9:30 pm: NEW GIRL (Season Premiere)
9:30-10 pm: THE MINDY PROJECT (Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 17
8-9 pm: HELL’S KITCHEN (Time Period Premiere)
9-10 pm: RED BAND SOCIETY (Series Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 22
8-9 pm: GOTHAM (Series Premiere)
9-10 pm: SLEEPY HOLLOW (Season Premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 25
8-9 pm: BONES (Season Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 28
8-8:30 pm: THE SIMPSONS (Season Premiere)
8:30-9 pm: BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (Season Premiere)
9-10 pm: FAMILY GUY (One-Hour “The Simpsons Guy” Season Premiere Crossover Event)

Thursday, Oct. 2
9-10 pm: GRACEPOINT (10-Part Mystery Event Series Premiere)

Sunday, Oct. 5
7:30-8 pm: BOB’S BURGERS (Season Premiere)
9:30-10 pm: MULANEY (Series Premiere)

Friday, Nov. 7
8-9 pm: MASTERCHEF JUNIOR (Season Premiere)

via Deadline

Archived