Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante Interview – The Young and the Restless

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Fairman can sure lay in on thick. He can be polite without being so ingratiating.

Part of the problems I see with ATWT in the last decade I put a lot of that on Hogan Sheffer but I don't see what he's talking about in terms of her supposed prowess with character development. Does he mean of the current crop of daytime soap writersleft on network? Not of all time, surely?!

• Members

The last daytime soap where Jean made her mark as head scribe wasAs the World Turns in its final years, and she is known in the industry as one of the top writers of character development.

Dear Lawd...really...talk about kissing ass

• Members

This interview was so ridic. I feel as if I've spent hours reading something that revealed very little. If you don't have a plan for anything in place, ladies, just say so. Sheesh.

• Members

We have a very similar story sensibility… which is good … but we bring different touches to different characters in certain stories. I think we compliment each other very well.

Yeah bringing two hacks together....lol

• Members

This was a fantastic interview. Two women very intelligent and smart as can be giving great hope and good answers for Y and R. They practically finish each other senses. As I saw in the interview umbrella stories with a modern twist. This is just fabulous stuff.

• Members

Neil and Hilary. Oh lord. The rooting factor is supposed to change? Which to me reads, "we will throw as many characters as possible, and needed, under the bus to prop this pairing."

I am expecting Devon to stalk and/or rape Hilary. I really am.

And Leslie wasn't forced to marry. She is just impulsive?

• Members

Apparently, we are supposed to be ignorant to how soaps operate. Hilary and Neil seem to have already fizzled. Folks were riled up when they were first paired but that initial buzz has dwindled. I think it is more about the reaction of Lily and Devon at this point. Once that plays out then what? Cutesy scenes with NuMoses reminding us of how Neil treated Sophia. Ha!

It's clear to me that they will ride this Neil and Hilary pairing out until the bitter end, i.e. the end of Mishael Morgan's contract/run.

I am still trying to figure out why they kept Leslie despite being glad they did. And why the heck did they feel the need to give her some random husband? We know they aren't really interested because it was off screen and they were in no hurry to cast him to get him onscreen.

And who cares if Nikki leaves Victor? We all know she goes right back to him.

• Members

*takes bow* I only thank God Janet was never given her own internet cooking show as a plot point. If Pinson wasn't clearly older than they want to go with Phyllis, I'm positive she'd be on Pissy's radar, and Phyllis would scheme to take over Avery's show with her family recipe for lasagna.

Archived