Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante Interview – The Young and the Restless

• Members

Fairman must get tired from all that lip puckering he does in his interviews. Good lord.

Shelly and Jean seem like nice women but they are out of their league on Y&R. It's turned into a boring mess with very little direction, despite what they want to claim and pat themselves on the back for.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just wish they weren't so self-congratulatory regarding their similarities in sensibilities etc. Is that something to be happy for? If they're both similar writers in style/ideas and such, why then do you need two writers? The whole point of a partnership is to provide two different point of views, to have one complement and challenge the other. No wonder the show is so bland and boring if all they do is just say yes to each other's ideas lmao

• Members

Passanante was an ABC exec in the 90s?

I'm expecitng Jean and Shelly will be ousted at the one year mark (maybe they will get another cycle or two beyond that) and hopefully TPTB will seek out Paula Cwikly, who was apparently the other person they were considering when Griffith left.

• Members

Oh, you did not. laugh.png

Boring?

Under Alden?

Really?

The fight for Chancellor estate?

The Newman takeover?

Matt Clark's return?

Tricia's descent into madness?

Victoria's stalker?

Spermgate?

Ryan's death?

Olivia's cancer?

Billy and Mac?

Glow by Jabot kids?

Nina and Thomas?

Tony and Megan?

And on and on and on LOL

Even if it was boring for you, it was the one and only time the show was thriving, organic and written IN character following Bell's stepping down. I don't think a hack like Pissante can be compared to Kay Alden, or even John Smith for that matter. I would much rather have a show in the shape it was in 2002/2003 than ANYTHING after 2005. It would make a whole lotta difference!

• Members

What was the main difference between Alden and Bell anyway? How easy was the transition? She was with him for 30 years so I would expect she was good or at least the only person who can bring it to his standard since she was with him virtually when the show started.

• Members

I know. I laughed when I tuned in the other day for the first time in a couple months and suddenly, oh, Sharon has amnesia, they're reunited. How convenient. If you're so worried about Sharon doing these things, maybe she should never have done them. (Not to mention Summer should still be Jack's kid.)

Archived