Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante Interview – The Young and the Restless

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a crying shame that Dixie Carter was NEVER nominated for an Emmy as JS. She was nominated for one for her role on Desperate Housewives.

Viacom's cable networks are BET, CMT, Comedy Central, LOGO, the MTV networks, the Nickelodeon networks, Palladia, Spike, TV Land, and VH1.

• Members

They are clearly not planning long-term. And if they are, they aren't sticking to the plans because the storylines are either all over the place or there is barely any plot development. If they are actually planning stories long term, then we wouldn't have these droughts of plot development until sweeps (which really this sweeps was a snooozefest). The show just seems like it is being written day to day with no foresight as to where the storylines are actually going. And when there finally is some development, the ideas are so stale and repetitive like the fact both Tyler AND Stitch appear to have criminal pasts..along with Mariah. I guess every new character that comes on is going to have criminal past from now on.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Bumping this up since they are departing shortly.

I am wondering why they seemed to be making up the story as they went along instead of having some sort of long term plan with flexibility built in (i.e. characters gelling, actors quitting, etc). The only positive I think they did during their year long stint was fixing Sharon's character.. granted, they went about it in the wrong way.. but Sharon seems to be written much better (though having her confess what she thinks she did while suffering mental illness.. and having another tests done that revealed Jack was the father.. would have gone a long way toward redeeming her character and keeping the paternity in tact.. and having the focus on Victor being the bad guy more clear..imho).

Archived