Y&R: May 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grimes is getting no worse than anyone else. I don't find her as wonderful as she is made out to be and to think that CBS/Sony/YR are possibly going thru hoops to keep this young woman boggles the mind. She's ordinary at best.

• Members

In a way, Camryn Grimes reminds me of Erin Torpey (ex-Jessica, OLTL). Both were very talented as child actors on their respective soaps -- or, at least, it seemed they were more "together" than the average soap kid (see Eddie Alderson). However, as they've aged, neither have, IMO, transitioned completely or all that well onto the same level as their more seasoned colleagues. Subsequently, because their ranges are now limited, so, too, are their potential as viable players on these shows. Even if Jack Smith hadn't killed off Cassie all those years ago, I believe Y&R would have needed to re-cast the girl at some point due to this very fact.

• Members

My thoughts on Cady as Kelly is that she doesn't play Kelly as trying to get over the death of her child, of her marriage, nor trying to rebuild her life. She seems to show more angst over dating or not dating Jack then the above mentioned things.

I know she has a different view of the character, but I think she should have played the character a little more on edge and then gradually morphed her into the character she envisions.

• Members

I think Cady M. has the scraps, they just need to write her as they wrote for CW. Pained and raw are Kelly's attributes. That is how she needs to be written. Then, over time she should evolve. She has changed too quickly. She also should have fought Jack's interest a little harder.

• Members

No, you're not alone in your thoughts. While I recall liking Cassie in her earlier years, the character has just been too overhyped. Not taking anything away from Camryn Grimes, b/c she's a talented actress, but they've just taken the Cassie praise so far that they feel she can fit any role. I'm already disappointed they decided to make her Mariah when its obvious she doesn't fit the image we were introduced to.

• Members
I would add Robyn Richards (ex-Maxie, GH) and Kristen Alderson (ex-Starr, OLTL, Kiki, GH) to that list.

If she's so great, why didn't she successfully transitioned over into primetime or into one of the teen oriented network shows (ABC Family, Nickelodeon, Disney, CW,etc)?

Archived