Prospect Park files Ch 11 Bankriptcy Protection

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree to a point. I think there were eyeballs on this project from people/entities who wanted to see how the experiment worked and I think that those people have pretty much written off the concept of soaps being adaptable but that's for a lot more reasons that PP. It seems that every attempt to try and make any changes fails. The GL production model, Passions moving to DirectTV, now AMC/OLTL. For whatever reason (and we all have our thoughts on what those are) American soaps just seem destined to stagnate if not in viewership then certainly creatively.

I liken it to the fact that the rest of the world plays soccer while we play football. Americans like their football no matter how many players end up with brain damage because of it.

• Members
I assume that they are talking about Cole, Hope, and Victor III. PP could've recton those deaths (at least Cole and Hope) if they wanted those characters back. I always wondered why PP didn't just recast Starr when thnngs fell through with KA?

That a good analogy about soccer and football except football is the number 1 sport in America. Daytime soaps fandom in general is very change averse and is aging demographic.

• Members

This is absolutely disgusting. This leads me to believe that most of these actors did not get paid in full for their services and cast/crew as well. If I were Erika I would be furious. I would want my money for my time that I put in. NOBODY WORKS FOR FREAKING FREE PERIOD END OF STORY. So PP thinks its okay these actors/crew worked hard did this for FREE.

• Members

I feel worse for the younger struggling actors and crew members who probably thought they would make a few bucks out of this than Erika. At least she's probably financially stable. It sucks, but she's rich and can deal, that's probably not the the case for a lot of the crew and younger actors.

Archived