Prospect Park files Ch 11 Bankriptcy Protection

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That reminds me…we haven't heard from Agnes since the shows ended, have we? I hope we do. I'd love to hear what she thought of the project, good or bad. I'd especially like to know what she thought of the Hubbards' stories specifically Cassandra's.

It's an old joke here that whenever AMC was good it was because Agnes had somehow returned to the writing staff in some capacity but we know she was involved with PP. IMO, her perspective on this is important from a historical standpoint.

• Members

Supposedly they met with her to go over story every week. And I thought the Hubbards' and (for better or worse) the Pete/Celia story in particular seemed like her work - I was under the impression she was very involved at AMC.

They claimed she even looked in on OLTL - I think Agnes herself said she did - but I'm not sure what exactly if anything she did there beyond perhaps bestow a blessing. I could have sworn she said it was nice to check in on the show creatively after so many years.

• Members

If anything she could help pitch it to other production companies. Doesn't her kids do something in the business? I think the actors/writers would be game to do this again if she had 100% rights.

If anything she could help pitch it to other production companies. Doesn't her kids do something in the business? I think the actors/writers would be game to do this again if she had 100% rights.

• Members

Not going to happen. Agnes isn't a party to the lawsuit. She sold the rights to the shows to ABC years ago. The fans have an emotional connection to the show, but the judge does not care about that. That's irrelevant to the legal matter.

ABC owns the shows. Period. If PP doesn't resume production at some point, ABC will get the rights back. What they are willing to do with them at that point is anyone's guess.

If Agnes wanted the rights to the shows back, then she should have been part of the negotiations with ABC and PP back in 2011. To the best of my knowledge, she was not. I highly doubt she has the funds to even attempt to buy the rights back from ABC, and even if she could, she'd then have to have the desire to somehow convince another company to put up the money to produce the shows. After this mess with PP, I'm not sure anyone would be willing to do that.

Archived