Best/Worst Soaps to Work on(through the years)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember reading that in the 1980s there were substance abuse problems at the ABC and P&G shows, but not much was mentioned about the Bell shows and Days. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bill Bell had a zero tolerance policy at his shows.

• Members

One would think there would be little harmony on those soaps that were always at the bottom of the ratings (Loving/The City, Sunset Beach, Port Charles etc.) as I'm sure they were constantly checking out the latest ratings, seeing what was working and what wasn't and always being told they were going to get the can if those ratings didn't rise.

• Members

Despite the fact that it was always in the bottom of the ratings and how insane the stories got, Passions always seemed like the most happiest place to work on.....The whole cast seemed very close as I recalled during those wrap party photos they had, and it also seemed like the most funnest set to work on....

I won't bore everyone with the same rubbish we hear about the Y&R set, though I wish some of those people would just get over themselves already ("coughBraedenCough") but I'm at least happy that B&B is a happy set for the most part.

I've heard mixed things about Days and the ABC soap sets, but I don't think any of them are as bad as Y&R can be....though I agree that OLTL seemed like a depressing place to work in the early days......I can't get over how evil Joe Stuart and Paul Rauch seemed from all those stories I heard....

• Members

Tracey Ross (Eve) confirmed that Passions was indeed a very happy place to work on FB. The actors were very tight, as were the actors with the crew. Of course, they were all shattered by the loss of Josh Ryan Evans (Timmy), but it made their bond even tighter.

And as I've stated before, Santa Barbara is another place where the actors really bonded, and (with a few exceptions) had good relationships with the producers and writers. A Martinez said in a podcast interview recently that each member of the company was dedicated to making each and every scene as good as it could be.

Archived