GH: March 2014 Discussion

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the turn this story with Ava has taken. She has become the puppet master of half the cast, and I love her melodramatic way she plays out scenes. There is not a realistic line delivery to be found with Ava and even her mannerisms are melodramatic, but that is so much better than had it been a hyper-realistic character reciting their lines like they were ordering chinese food over the phone. (see NLG and KeMo)

• Members

You know what? I agree with this. This is what Ava is supposed to be doing, but I'm so damn tired of pathetic ass Sonny, who has proven that Jason was the heart and soul behind the mob. I would rather it had been Morgan instead of Sonny because we have been here before. This current twist only serves to make Sonny look like an idiot - been there, done that. What happens when Sonny finds out he's been duped again? People rally around him to make him feel better? Been there and done that too. This needs to be Sonny's swan song. Adios! There is nothing left for you here. Mo is up for renewal soon, and I'm hoping that what they offer [if they offer] is so insulting that Mo has no choice but to walk. I don't need this little greasy [!@#$%^&*] any longer!

Ava will talk Sonny into marriage and she will be bending that miniature maggot over on a regular basis.

Michael better change his last name when the truth comes out. If they decide to have Carly do something besides FrankenTodd, she needs to put her foot in Sonny's ass. Who's going to finally realize that Ava is the common denominator here?

The twist that works for me is letting Julian take the blame. This is the good part!

Woodpile West is just so painful. It's bad enough that he totally skipped "Building A Case & Evidence" in the Academy, but this guy is just awful. He won't get better, we will just have to get used to him (isn't that what we did with Ice T on SVU).

Sam and Silas...

• Members

I'm so disappointed with the turns GH is taking since the new year started. While every episode is lovingly and smartly produced (take note DOOL), the stories are losing me...The Ava/Sonny turn is not happening for me at all. I watched Monday and Tuesday epi last night on streaming and I was so over it. Silas scenes were boring and predictable. Another private hospital with mysterious evil people...Yawn. Sonny shooting someone and getting away with it. Yawn. Ava being a cold blooded killer. Yawn. It's so easy to write stories around psychopaths and killers who never get a way with their crimes. Everyone on the show is morally compromised. Most of them have committed felonies, changing DNA tests, breaking into files, hacking computers. Killing, raping, stealing. It's not interesting or compelling when the writers resort to this for multiple characters all the time. This is why the shows have been suffering for years. These are not miniseries type shows or nighttime dramas. The point is they go on for years and years. Show some gray, some complexity, yes we can see lots of moral ambiguity. But let's see: Sonny, Ava, AJ, Julian, Shawn, Duke, Obrect, Victor...all cold blooded killers. Luke the child killer/rapist. Carly was going to off someone recently. Heather is in a class by herself. Tracy was going to kill as well. Now we have Morgan who shot Milo. who else?

• Members

LORD, Sonny and this Godfather [!@#$%^&*] has got to end. I miss him being on the backburner when Carlivati first arrived.

Michael needs less makeup. Damn he's like a ghost. Morgan looks like [!@#$%^&*]. What's with this show's hair and makeup? I usually try not to complain much about it but it's awful. Even THEY don't care at this point.

The main problem, besides being just bad, with Ron's "writing" is that it's all just shock value "OMG" moments with very little in between. He has the fallout happen entirely off-screen. I'm still not over Duke and Anna missing for weeks on end right after they first saw each other. Ridiculous pacing. It's honestly like he pulls things out of his ass and he then rushes to write the 'story' and throw it in. Not that he actually doesn't plan, though. I give him some credit for planting seeds and then eventually following up on them, even if it's a year later.

He needs to be reminded that there has to actually BE a story behind a story. And then when they aren't on-screen, they have no life otherwise and just resume the story.

And I just LOL everytime Duke wanders around aimlessly. It's fitting because they have no idea what to do with him. Just one example of piss poor character development.

Not to mention the what, 500+ cast members.

• Members

That isn't "planning." That's being reminded he forgot to address something and then covering his ass, saying he's been building toward it all along. (Frankly, Miss Carlivati has become the Richie Petrie of daytime television.)

• Members

A. Will Sonny be able to carry off this huge deception? Look everybody in the eye...Michael, Dante, Carly, Olivia...& CONVINCINGLY pull it off?Especially with Ava stiffening his backbone and his decades long fear of prison?

OR

B. Will he fold like a pair of deuces when any of them really question him hard? Will his guilt plus the bipolar drive him to confess?

• Members

Why does Alexis allow Molly to talk to her the way she does? My mother would have been slapped me already

Luke proposing to Tracy is a big WTF. Literally came out of nowhere. They must have pumped him with a hell of a drug. BTW, his hair looks like sh-t

• Members

moRon "writes" the most unlikable children. He makes them cringe worthy. Molly may not like what her mother is saying, but this is a very intelligent girl, and she has not cause to say these things to Alexis. It's way too contrived.

Oh, and for anyone who thinks Ric is the mysterious Jerome benefactor, I'm willing to bet 1/2 my GM stock that he's not. Ric is a red herring. It's all too convenient. If it was Ric, there would be no need to hide his presence as he's talking to Julian [both on the phone at the same time, and one says the person we believe to be Ric has to go see an ex, and then bam, Ric goes to see Liz]. Way to easy! Craptini is waiting for the big "aha" moment, and everyone is going to think they are so clever.

Archived