DAYS: John's paternity

• Members

I am SO SICK of DAYS changing his history. Just when people were getting used to him being a Brady / DiMera, they change it again so Brady can hook up with Sami 4.0 Jeannie. It bugs me to no end. I didn't mind the 2009 recon, though.

Excuse my title tongue.png I thought it would filtered.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as Marlena cheating on Roman was a powerful storyline that lead to years of payoff for several characters, and as much as I love Wayne as Roman, they never should have had him return. Then to get stuck with the current Roman, while John ultimately floundered.

• Members

This story needs some Closure. How many times does Rex I mean John have to play musical parents. Franko I mean John needs to stick with a family.

They shouldn't retcon this story just to give day player Lilley more story. Her next big story should be her overdose and subsequent death, shocking Brady back to sobriety.

• Members

To one end, I think Days did the best they could in 1991 with the initial two Romans caper. To another, they retconned a whole lot that didn't need retconning. Hogestyn did a good enough job being Roman. Though I admittedly prefer Northrop, getting three years out of him versus the 20+ years of problems his return caused wasn't worth it. Especially since it brought us Josh Taylor.

I think John being an Alamain in theory worked fine, though it's a shame that every bit of his post-1991 history is complete hotshotting/whoever-is-the-main-villain-wouldn't-it-be-cool-if-John-was-tied-to-them? That is, of course, why he became an Alamain to begin with. I won't go beyond saying "in theory" because Days didn't have a grip on that, either and immediately began that story in 1992 where John was looking for his "real memories" which became a whole lot of stuff that made no sense in timeline.

• Members

I'll co-sign and add Marlena's name. I've come to the conclusion that Marlena's return in '91 never should have occurred, no matter HOW desperate DAYS was back then to get the ratings up and lure back lapsed viewers. I didn't always feel that way, but as the years have rolled on, I've just found that character (and Deidre Hall) to be a major, major disappointment.

• Members

If I've said it once, I've said it a gazillion times: John is Stefano's biological son. There is no other rational way (IMO) to explain why the two never seem to stay out of each other's way or why they just don't plain kill each other.

• Members

That'd be fine with me.

That would make sense. I was worried about the age but then I read that JM is 86! Holy crap! He could pull late 60s / early 70s.

Drake is only 60 (he could pull for 80), so I guess it would make sense.

That'd make a lot of sense and incest wouldn't be a problem either, besides Kirsten.

• Members

Kristen was married to Tony DiMera.

Or was it Andre.

Or is Tony not Stefano's bio son.

Ugh, I have no effing clue at this point. Alls I know is that Thaao would be better suited playing Stefano's younger brother at this point. Joe Mascolo will outlive 'em all, just like Stefano. :)

Archived