Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

If Carolyn Hinsey was really told about the arrest of an actor for soliciting young boys for sex (as she said in her blog post), and she chose to stay silent, then she can rot in hell. I don't care if an actor is a jerk or even if he screws around on his wife, but pedophilia is a despicable crime, and anyone who chooses to cover that up is a POS.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Clearly that was the attitude I got, but come on, if someone told you that some actor had been arrested for soliciting boys for sex and that it was covered up, would your reaction really be "OMG, I wish I hadn't known that!" If so, you pretty much suck as a human being. Frankly I'd want to know did this happen recently? Is this person still alive and working? Is there an arrest report? Who was involved in the cover up? Did this actor have other legal problems involving young boys that could have been prevented had this cover up not happened? That could be a huge story, and it's not the sort of thing anyone should be hiding.

• Members

It reminds me of when SOD - and I think it may have been on Hinsey's watch - ran a similar, dire "blind item" about domestic abuse, the story of which had already made the rounds online among fans at that show. People knew who that story was about, and I hope to this day it wasn't true but it was pretty legit. But all SOD did was run the BI, say "if it happens again, we name him" and then go back to fluff. What did they want, an Eagle Scout badge?

• Members

I told an older relative who watches Y&R about the MM firing. Her reaction was to the effect of, "he is so old to be preying on that young girl" and "his character never too good anyway." She then moved on to another topic. This convinced me more that the outrage over MM is weird soap craziness among a sliver of fans amplified by social media.

• Members

I've never doubted it. Most people are not going to support someone who grabs a young girl, no matter who it is. That said, it doesn't surprise me one bit when a middle aged guy makes an advance on someone HHK's age. There's a reason actresses over 40 have a rough time finding parts. It's far from fair, but we are definitely living in a youth oriented culture.

• Members

The fact is, as sad as it is, MANY fans just can't see the difference between character/actor. It's just how it is.

And I think social media needs to take a step back. We're all way too involved in everyone's lives anymores. I'll never understand the desire to post about everything you do, what you do, where you do it, with who, etc. I think the tools of social media have been taken to the extreme over the few years and instant connection with everyone is not a good thing. IMO.

Just look at all the actors who drunk tweet. Don't get me wrong, when it's posted, I sometimes like it but I really don't set out to hear about who likes who, who doesn't want to work with who, etc. It does take me a little bit out of it and I don't need to watch scenes between two people knowing they hate each other. I mean, I can separate, but I see where Chit was coming from with that.

• Members

I agree. Just on film stars, there are so many I like and admire and I would be scared that the reality of them would shock me into not liking them.

Brad Pitt comes to mind, but I disgress...

And it's a feeling I have for soap stars as well. While I do love some good dirt...like this thread and blind items...there have been times where I hear something that is true and it has colored my opinion of someone. On the other hand, there are times I hear something and it does not keep me from serparating the actor from the character at all. GR comes to mind for me when I think of that actually...and thanks to you guys I had years of warning before he finally came out publicly...it never distracted from me watching him on Y&R though.

Archived