Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

LOL, apologies. laugh.png

I meant, her accusations weren't just limited to her alone, but were likely an ongoing problem with Muhney and perhaps others, which HR needed to look into more thoroughly.

HR investigations can be as slow as molasses, which unfortunately means due to all the red tape, the victim and her predictor continue to work in close circles until its determined that appropriate action needs to be taken. Given that this is a TV show, If either party quits, they'd also be facing litigation for breaking their contracts. It's a terrible situation, but It's just standard procedure as to why he probably wasn't fired much sooner and was only fired a few weeks ago.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are totally correct, it spread across the soap board and in the soap fan community, but it has only gotten legs in the mainstream press after TMZ got a hold of it. And ain't nobody doin sh!t to Angie... if she did leak it, I bet she did it with the blessing from the CBS brass who is sick of taking a beating for Muhney's firing.

• Members

LOL! True

I think a lot of people have never worked in large corporations so the HR process is unfamiliar. These companies are not going to fire someone on the spot when an allegation made. They have to be investigated so the company is not subjected to a lawsuit from either party. What if it is not true? Or it cannot be proven to be true? Usually, all steps are taken to monitor the individuals involved during the investigation process. In the case of Y&R, keeping HK and MM apart is very easy since they did not share scenes. The shooting schedule could have been arranged so they were never on set at the same time.

• Members

I have worked at one of the big three engineering companies. A work buddy of mine was being sexually harassed and stalked by a coworker. HR monitored and investigated for MONTHS. Before the investigation was final, the guy was arrested for trying to abduct two underage boys from their yard. O_O

What a scandal that was!!!!

Archived