Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

AM seems too savvy and professional to do something that would jeopardize her career.

MM could say something publically that would calm the stans down without implicating himself. Does he not have a PR team?

This is no one's fault but MM's. And I sure do hope they kept him out of HHK's orbit while the supposed investigation was going on. The implication that he was making advances and bullying her for 6 months makes my skin crawl. What a toxic work environment, if true. The JC accusations make me SMH. My imaginations about the CBS studios, with all my favorite actors and actresses milling around and interacting with each other, have been obliterated.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you.

I'm still trying to figure out why McDaniel should be fired? MM is the one who's linked to sexually harassing another cast member and since this is an Human Resources issue due to the harassment why would McDaniel's job be on the line? Unless she's in charge aka the boss of both King and Muhney, she really isn't at risk to lose her job.

This is just taking focus off of Muhney and his actions.

• Members

$785 might help with the cost of filling up the tank with cash and maybe a quarter of half the cost of the banner they want flown. This is just flat out insanity. Muhney hasn't denied what he's being accused of. He's surprisingly (as he should be) keeping quiet and not making waves right now. Somebody, finally has told him to keep his mouth shut, but the more that his fans and sadly at least one family member continues to try and "defend" him, the more that this issue will be discussed in print and online.

King is being very wise, in not commenting on it and IF this does go to court (which I hope it does), that she has a great lawyer and folks to help support her through all of this, because she's not in the wrong.

I'm just pissed at the reactions of trying to discredit, demean and put into question HER character, when she was the one put into a horrible position at her job.

• Members

OK, if this has been known about for 6 months, why did it take them that long to fire him?

Why would Sharon Case be doing a goodbye tribute video for a sexual harrasser?

Why would Melissa Claire Egan have said nice things on Twitter about a supposed sexual harrasser?

A lot of this is still based on hearsay and not much else, in my opinion.

Where is an official statement from CBS, instead of a leak to a gossip site such as TMZ?

I feel most sorry for Michael Muhney's wife and kids, whether he is guilty or not.

As for bashing Michael Muhney fans, they are entitled to spend their money on banners or whatever else they want to do, it is a democracy last time I looked.

Will anyone anyway be even interested in Y&R after January 31? I know I won't.

This MM stuff just detracts from the fact that Jill Farren Phelps is in charge of a sinking ship.

No doubt they will try and recast both Phyllis and Adam eventually......in the case of Adam probably with an actor who won't threaten Eric Braeden's ego.

• Members

Evan, even before this it has long been rumors he was difficult on set. He even admits to that in his exit interview, even saying this exit is his fault. It takes time to investigate these things as several people have said. If this were not true the story would've been shock down by now either by the cast (if only to protect Hunter and all the hate she's getting) or Muhney himself. This is going to ruin his career, you really think he'd say nothing if it weren't true?

Eric Braeden is not the devil he's made out to be and he has no reason to be threatened by Michael Muhney. The fact of the matter is that Muhney appeared for 4 years during a period (either MAB or JG/JFP) that many view as one of the absolute worst in Y&R history. This isn't going to hurt the show in the slightest. He is not the star of Y&R and never was going to be.

I find is so hilarious that in order to distract from what he did people are trying to blame Angelica McDaniel. One of those "Save MM" groups said THEY contacted TMZ themselves to try and help Muhney get his job back. Perhaps their heavy blasts of tweets and emails is what brought TMZ to investigate the story lol. Everything they've done ensures that this story keeps gaining momentum, that more people know about it and that he never works again. If they weren't so delusional they would see that. They should've shut the hell up and let him leave quietly and none of this would be happening right now. He isn't asking anybody to save his job, so why are they trying so hard? But as someone who DIDN'T enjoy his acting, I'm happy his psycho fans are making sure nobody will want to hire him again. Thanks, Muhney Stans!

• Members

I wonder that myself, but I guess investigating takes time.

She wouldn't be the first woman reaching out to an alleged sex offender.

Huh she simply bid goodbye politely.

The tmz article kinda IS cbs' official statement LOL

And we are entitled to disagree with how money is spent.

Well Y&R had been the number one soap for 25+ years before MM joined. Just saying.

• Members

Most people wasn't interested in Y&R before he got fired. Or their ratings would have been better. Second MM already said he got fired from his own doing. 3rd, he got fired from VM for the same reasons. 4th MCE just join the show & probably worrying about her storyline. I got no words for Sharon, I do but people might not like it.

• Members

6 months? Are we saying HK reported it that long ago? This does not add up. I'm thinking when Perv Muhney first assaulted HK, she let it slide but he did it again as he made her work life uncomfortable. She then went to the brass. I'm not getting she reported it 6 months ago but that he'd been harassing her that long.

Does this make sense?

• Members

People like SC wouldn't even have to speak in his defense. If it was the first strike and they couldn't get proof othet than they would have to keep it on file and moved on. This business is shady as hell. I personally have seen some organizations I work for kind of brush off allegations like this unless it involves a minor. All they did with the adults was keep them away from each other. In the case of HK, I think he probably kept harrassing her and she finally had enough of the bullshit. She more than likely went over JFP's head and went straight to someone of absolute power like Les Mooves and threatened to quit or sue. HHK's family have some pull and it could have gotten very ugly, very fast.

As for te mention upthread about SC supporting him. It is very possible she didn't know this was the real issue. When I first heard he was fired my first instince was that he mouthed off to someone like Steve Kent and got the boot. We all know he has meltdowns. People defend their friends even without all the facts. And sometimes doing that you end up with egg on your face. Sadly I put myself in that position once. It is not a fun place to be. Itis telling how she hasn't said a peep now -- not that she outwardly defended any of his alleged actions either. I found DD's comments about offering MM help also very telling. Clearly something is very wrong with him and he should be seeking professional help.

And that plane? They just keep digging that hole for MM's reputation and career. Idiots.

Archived