Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

My experience with a sexual harassment situation at work back in the 90s (witness not victim), there is no speaking "in defense" of someone. There is only "What have you seen?" "What have you heard?" "What did you do?"

It makes perfect sense, in my situation the harasser was well-known to everybody as a sex hound who'd put the make on every woman he could but it became accepted 1.) because he was good at his job and 2.) because the workplace was so dysfunctional in so many ways the bar was set rather high. The clash comes when new people are hired and they have a healthier idea of what is and isn't acceptable. The tough thing for the whistleblower is that all the people around her think it's no big deal. It's like growing up in an abusive family. You have no idea what normal is until you meet someone at school whose parents don't put out lit cigarettes on their arm.

HK probably was rightly upset when he first touched her and got the "Oh that's just how he is!" excuse but with the second time she decided enough was enough.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also seems possible that HHK was not his first victim. In a situation like he said/she said, they may not be able to do anything the first time it's reported, if there isn't any corroborating evidence. Once multiple people complain or there is a witness, a pattern of behavior starts to emerge and TPTB can take action. All of that coming together could have taken quite awhile.

• Members

I went back and found SharonRocks' original post with the scoop (I posted it below). According to her, MM's firing occurred pretty directly after HK reported him. TMZ reported that he had been bullying others besides HK and that sexually harassing her was the last straw. This suggests to me that Sony's HR was aware of his bullying and/or had been investigating the situation prior to HK's complaint.

• Members

You know, not to fan the flames of any ongoing stan wars or anything, but I'd [!@#$%^&*] a brick if we were to learn SharonRocks or their source was, in fact, Sharon Case. I mean, it'd be a little too MELROSE PLACE, but...just sayin'.

Archived