Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

This is part of the reason I really hope this all dies down fairly quickly. All the sensible people have figured out what happened. The only people still freaking out are the dregs of the soap fanbase. This character seems cursed. First that Branco-generated foolishness with Engen and now this. Maybe it's time to let him become the Y&R equivalent of OLTL's C.J. and let him disappear forever only to be occasionally rumored about whenever a new actor joins the cast. Lord knows that even if it's a year from now the poor bastard who steps into this role is going to have a target on his back.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah this was a lot of fun until it lasted, right now the whole thing has taken a turn for the worse. I'm reading blog comments and facebook status's on fan pages that make my skin crawl. It's really sickening. So I just hope this whole situation will blow over very soon.

• Members

I'd keep the character off for a year or more. Maybe 18 months, maybe 24, maybe longer.

When you bring him back, he has the extreme notoriety attached to both the character and the previous actor. Then you cast someone who's totally unlike Muhney. More vulnerable, more young-skewing, with the strange manchild naivete of Engen's Adam, but with the same darkness underneath. Surprise people. Shake 'em up.

But keep him gone for a good long while. There is plenty of housecleaning to do on this mess of a show.

• Members

You're absolutely right. The nutjobs are who they are and there's no stopping them.

What should have been done is that scumbag Muhney shouldn't have given that scumbag Nelson Branco an interview, he should have deleted all of his social media and disappeared. Sony/CBS/Bell has remained silent in all of this (until it was leaked to TMZ of course), and that was that scumbag Muhney's big mistake. He should have made himself disappear, then this story wouldn't have had legs because his whacked out fans wouldn't have had as much material to kick up dust with. NOBODY at Y&R should have said a thing, and I suspect, now, you won't be hearing a thing from Doug Davidson, Eric Braeden, Sharon Case, Melody Thomas Scott...this wretched situation has highlighted the double edged sword of social media: it keeps psychos engaged and engagement can equal bad publicity.

• Members

MM is going to lay low for a while. Remember in his "Ode To Thyself" exit interview with Nellie Olsen - MM said he was concerned for his family and would be taking them away for a bit, IIRC. He knew the manure would hit the fan eventually, so he had to get his wife away to spin this AGAIN and hope to find work in this industry after the dust has settled. His sister speaking up says volumes!

• Members

Yeah, there was no easy way out of this that I can see. If this story had never leaked to the right people you would have seen the Holy War for Adam Newman reach epic proportions on every soap blog from here to Geocities 2001. And Muhney may well have capitalized on it in that event. Look at where we are now, it's still far from pretty.

• Members

Yeah, I had to stop reading after a large group starting declaring that Jeanne Cooper admitted to slapping male co-stars' butts over the years and so if she was allowed to do that then what is wrong with what Michael Muhney has done.

wacko.png

Seriously, I think Jim Jones has been reincarnated as Michael Muhney.

• Members

I am just thrilled that MM's egotistical misogynistic talentless ass is done at Y&R. Icing on the cake; everyone knows that he is an egoistical misogynist slime ball. MM and his small group of devoted rabid low life fans can go infect whatever project he does next.

Archived