Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is to be expected. It is always the defense of a man who sexually abuses or rapes a woman. She wanted it. She flirted with him. Look what she was wearing. She wanted to be tied up. She wanted to be beat up. I could go on and on. However, I love that so many posters on the soap boards are rejecting these defenses for MM.

• Members

I simply cannot read any comments at the bottom of articles and blog posts anymore, everyone knows by now that for every 1 insightful comment there will be 7 or 8 stupid comments. I just refuse to waste my time and energy. In fact, I decided I was just going to stop reading articles and blog posts from elsewhere (that SON policy makes a whole lot of sense suddenly).

The attacks on HHK were just starting to infuriate me. And I mean REALLY. INFURIATE. ME. So I had to stop. And for me, there are personal reasons why I am getting increasingly angry at why I'm becoming incensed with the aspect of people, men and particularly woman, verbally attacking a young woman, making assumptions and casting aspersions on her character and proclivities based on how 'well endowed' she supposedly is. I won't get into it, but you can probably guess why. I am loathe to put out the personal details of my life, with anyone. I know we live in a confessional culture, but I'm not into it on a personal level, although I don't judge those who are.

Those people who believe that somehow someone how has a physique that is considered attractive or is buxom and attractive somehow courts unwanted attention from someone overly aggressive predo needs to be

Smacked. HARD. I mean, with a 2X4. I don't advocate violence but I'm very angry with this aspect.

Maybe I need to get offline and away from the social regression of the world of Daytime Fanaticism.

• Members

My limit is people trying to pseudo-intellectualize this into talking about the need at Y&R for equal-opportunity sensitivity and Good Touch seminars so everyone (i.e., the women) can understand it's not okay to touch each other in their bathing suit area regardless of whether or not it may be "harmless fun gone wrong." How about we start with talking about how the dude needed to be fired?

• Members

The most bizarre comment I've read on this was one that said this was like All About Eve, that Hunter was Eve, that she'd pushed Michelle Stafford off the show as Michelle was the Bette Davis, and Michael Muhney was the "creepy older man" in the film that she stole from Stafford.

Archived