Another Y&R actor out??

• Members

I think contract negotiations fell through. I remember because EB JM, SC and others tweeted or publically stated how upset they were, but now we aint hearing shiot from JM who at one point was MMs closest pal on set LOL!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is this mentality of soap actors that make them think they DESERVE a job, regardless of how they act or the story the show wants to tell? Maura West "walked The Green Mile"? I'm sorry but what? He sounds insane.

"Mass exodus"? Jeanne Cooper DIED. 2 people quit and he got fired. This is not a mass exodus by any stretch of the imagination.

• Members

More people left than that, but he's only counting the people he fawned over (and Jeanne).

The comments about Maura essentially imply she was going to be executed.

I guess the people who put out those crucifix pictures in Muhney threads knew what was going on.

• Members

But what difference does it make if people go too far on a MB? People are venting their opinions and I doubt it makes any difference to MM one way or another at this point. I'll miss him, but other people's feelings on the matter are just that.

My bigger concern is all the musical chairs in the "younger" set. I thank God, David Tom is coming back because it bothers me that Kyle, Noah, Billy and Adam don't have long term actors in the role. I know some people don't think it matters that much, but I think there is something to be said for having one face associated with these core roles. There was a time you could miss a few months of Y&R and still know who you would see when you tune in, but the show has lost that, at least for now. That's not because of MM, he's just one more change.

• Members

Which is what I envisioned the character to be before they decided to make the character a complete sociopath terrorizing pregnant women everywhere. Of course, a large share of the blame goes to MAB's re-conception of the character but MM's antics gave me the impression also that although he had some talent, it was not enough to justify those, antics-- just not worth the backstage, twitter nonsense.

Did he really get fired from Veronica Mars? Is so, coupled with this, that's not a good look for him. Unless he's Robert Downey Jr. with the resume to back it up, casting directors will be taking note.

Archived