Paul Walker Dead at 40

Eric83

• Members

I just hope his family never watches that. I also hope they never see any of the "That's what he gets for speeding!" nonsense, when we don't even know anything about what happened.

I read an article which said he had a role on Touched by an Angel which led to a recurring part on Y&R...it would be nice if these sites did basic research.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think everyone remembers Paul Walker naked in Joy Ride, among other things. He was a beautiful man. Not much of an actor IMO, but apparently a very nice guy. It's a shame.

Speaking cynically about the industry for a moment, while he was surely a treasured friend to his co-workers in that franchise, Walker is one of the least essential pieces of those F&F films - he was the straight man, the traditional hero opposite the big leads like Diesel, the Rock, etc. They can replace him and say his character and his love interest (Jordana Brewster) have retired happily from the action.

Professionally I do know a couple people who are very close to those films. I'm not sure I'll reach out to them about this, that seems tacky, but I wonder how they're doing today.

• Members
I don't know for sure but I think he and the driver probably died on impact. I'm sure they will continue forward. The last movie made nearly $800 million WW. Sad and tragic as his death is, money is the name of the game. They will say they are doing the movie in honor of him.

• Members

Personally, I'm not all that upset by this. This is a man that bragged about going up to 190 on the highway. Do you know how many lives he put in danger by doing that? Not only that, but it shows a lack of value for his own life. This was bound to happen. I'm not saying I'm happy he died, but when you put yourself in situations like this on the regular, these things happen. I'm just happy no one else had to lose their life because of this.

TMZ is also reporting that the car they were driving was as close to a racecar as possible and that it shouldn't even be driven on regular roads.

Archived