Paul Walker Dead at 40

Eric83

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chit, the Fast and Furious was okay. It made Paul famous and lots of money, but Takers gave him more to do. He also had Idris to work with which helped. I thought Paul, Idris, and Michael Ealey were stand outs. I never understood why Paul was not a bigger movie star. He had the looks (he reminded me of Paul Newman a little), charisma, and enough talent. I remember on the Superman thread, saying that I would have picked Paul over Caville for the Superman role.

• Members

OK, I have to stay off the Twitter TT for this cos the flippancy, "jokes" and "who was he/don't know hims" have already started. rolleyes.gif

My condolences to his family.

I really cannot imagine how F&F is going to proceed from now on.

• Members

RIP

As for the Twitter and everything to be honest he wasn't that well known outside of F&F. And truth be told Vin Disesel is probably the most recognized out of that franchise. So I can honestly see how some people genuinely might not know who the heck he is....

That being said he was never in any scandal and was never one known to be rude to fans or people in general so there's no need to be a complete d*ck at his passing. This really affects the F&F franchise going forward tho.....being that he was one of the main trio of guys I don't know how you replace him or keep it goin....

• Members

Walker wasn't a huge, huge mega-name, but he was in a very popular franchise (one that had become enduringly popular), and he'd worked steadily for over two decades.

I think I remember him most for some movie he did about ten years ago where he and Steve Zahn were forced to strip off most of their clothes - I think it was called Joyride. At the time it still seemed sort of rare for an actor to so freely show off. He had a great body and charisma as well.

I didn't even realize for a long time that he'd played the mail room guy on Y&R. Back at the time I thought he was a sweetheart and wondered why Victoria didn't go with him instead of being with the loser Ryan.

I hope it was quick and I'm so sorry to his friends and family, at the holiday season, of all times.

• Members

The Times published the AP's obituary for Paul. It is only a touch personal, but I think is well done. I had no idea that Paul had been in the business his whole life. I am glad that he did not get stuck on Y&R. I saw many of his early movies over the years. My sympathy to his 15 year daughter.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/11/30/arts/ap-us-obit-paul-walker.html?hp&_r=0

Archived