Hollywood Reporter: Soaps Producer Ramps Up ABC Lawsuit: 'Mega Soap' Fraud Scheme Alleged

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well there have been rumors that since Cartini took over GH that they wanted to merge GH-OLTL-AMC into one soap.

Plus PP had a year to make this work and if ABC were trying to do this during that year to Jan 2013 than it may be seen as another form of sabatoge

• Members

It all makes me roll my eyes, but I especially love this:

ABC even went so far as to induce the actors who had been playing some of the more popular characters on OLTL to sign secret, exclusive, multi-year contracts with ABC ― all without a word to Prospect Park."

I guess Prospect Park forgot that their licensing deal was for characters, not actors. The actors owed them nothing, especially after that first failure to launch.

• Members

However when U know that you have the characters for a Year but sigm the actors playing them to three year contracts, that could very easily be seen as sabatoge. The complaint it limits PP nrgpiating with those actors when PP took control of the characters. Since ABC had deals with RH, KA & ME they can block them talking with PP

Archived