Hollywood Reporter: Soaps Producer Ramps Up ABC Lawsuit: 'Mega Soap' Fraud Scheme Alleged

• Members

I must admit, I was very confused about the lack of international sales for these soaps. I always felt they should've made these shows more accessible to new viewers, but even then, I'm sure people would eventually pick up, especially with a recap. I wonder why we never heard of international sales, or a DVD.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DVD would just be more revenue and they already have a ton of stuff they could use as extras so it would be an easy sell. I just don't feel they did everything to build revenue. Of course DVDs and iTunes aren't going to pay back 30 million, but it's something.

• Members

There was basically a recap episode, IIRC, at the end of the OWN run, I think for both shows. I remember them running around the time the seasons ended, unannounced. It would be easy to whip those up or modify them for any future production, not that I think one is forthcoming any time soon.

I would kill for a decent DVD of both, but I'm not expecting it because frankly PP is not that bright - I'm going to have to download them all off iTunes or something, or maybe just beg Eric for a bootleg. Give me the stuff, Eric! I need it!

Archived