DAYS Stars react to Chhandler Leaving & Guy Wilson arrival

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's "bouncing back"? Really Casey? From what?

I get that it must have been a tough adjustment, but he wanted to quit. The show has to work around this in a way that works for them. The whole idea of waiting until he wants to go and then taking a long break for Will so that everyone can get used to another actor - it doesn't make sense to me. This isn't some iconic actor. Far more memorable actors on this show have been recast even more quickly.

Stuff like this just sets the new actor up for even more failure.

• Members

I'm sure Chandler expected a big sendoff with party etc..etc and maybe will you stay an extra 3 months till we find recast. It didn't happen....I just dont understand why he is auditioning for other roles?? I thought school was going to be his only priority?? I think Chandler's Emmy wins went to his head.

• Members

When I read this, I just cringe. Who does Chandler and his little friends think he is? The twat was leaving anyway, and had he not behaved so unprofessionally, perhaps Days would have handled it better. And I just love it when "actors" ego pushes thru no matter how hard they try to be "humble" and "appreciative". For CM to think it would be difficult to replace him is a joke! Mofo thinks he's as big as Days or bigger. Reality bites, bitch!

Keep it moving!

• Members

This is what happens with the echo chamber we call the modern soap "press." It's all about gushing over pets and not caring about the industry. Remember all the outrage when GH fired that tic-laden ham Drew Garrett and how could they do this because, like Chandler, he is going to be a movie star, and how could they fire a movie star?!?!?

• Members

I get the feeling from his costars here and from Freddie on DR that they did not know Chandler was leaving so soon & just wished they could have said goodbye

Maybe Chandler was shocked it happened so fast but that happens when U ask to leave early. Im sure Chandler will do great things & that Guy Wilson will do great as Will. Just wish some fans wouldnt freak out about Will being recast. Give Guy a fair shot

• Members

I find the "outrage" to be pretty damn ridiculous.

In any job, regardless of the industry it is in, an employee (or anybody using their brain), would never say that they are planning to leave their current job, before they had their new job guaranteed. You also wouldn't mention your intentions at a public gathering and expect that you would be able to still be in that same job three months later. Or, to get a going awat party. Or, to still have your employer keep you on the payroll.

Also, CM winning two Emmy's doesn't make him "vital" to DAYS, when he was the one who stated that he wanted to leave. The show has had other Emmy winning actresses/actors and they were let go.

Wasn't there an actress that won an Emmy for DAYS back in 2011 or 2012 and she was let go months later? Nobody was up in arms about that situation.

It's just craziness.

• Members

The outrage over Drew Garrett was nothing compared to Lexi "Meryl Streep" Ainsworth. At least with Drew Garrett it simmered down after about a month. With Lexi it went on for months and she fueled the outrage by starting rumors on twitter, lying about knowing she was fired before her last airdate,bitching about her former boss and sending DMs to fans. The message board I was on at the time was crazy. For a good 3 months there were constant rumors being made up by fangurls that XYZ latina nude model would be taking over the role of Kristina. That was the craziest reaction I had ever seen for someone who wasn't even on soaps long.

This is actually one situation when DAYS taping so far in advance is an advantage because alot the outrage will have simmered down by then. Thought you'll still have those people threatening to tune out even though they really wont.

Archived