Is JFP the most Evil woman in daytime?

• Members

Honestly I really think this woman is just pure evil. Poor josh Griffith she stabbed him in the back hard. She will do anything to keep her job. Her argument ratings are up but I can do better. It will be interesting if JFP tries to make y and r more her show. She probably argued her seven years and her years of experience to Steve kent. This woman is evil for many things over years. Firing Ellen Parker on gl, her fights with bev McKinsey causing her to quit. On oltl she fired Laura Koffman at 9 months pregnant, she got robin strasser kicked off abc, she had infamous fight with Sarah brown, the Anna lee stuff, heck she even stabbed Guza in back. Now at y and r who is safe with this complete wench in control. She honestly must be the worst bitch u could ever encounter if u get on this woman's bad side.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She is not a bitch. She has a CEO way of operating. We may not like her management style but I tell you this. Everywhere you go, there will be folks who seem to think that they run a show and will try to use their power to get what they want. If I was in charge, I would be putting them in their place left and right as well. If that means firing vets or "stars", so be it. There needs to be clear leadership.

Also this may be coming from the place of my own work environment. Its getting out of hand with a coworker who wants to be the lead and is not...yet, still operates as if they are the manager. Our manager needs to put this person their place, but is too nice to do it. Now the environment is toxic and no one wants to work with the person. After living this, I understand why JFP does what she does. Unpopular but there it is...

• Members

Correct. We may all want our soaps to be happy behind the scenes but they're a business like everything else. Do I agree with a lot of what JFP has ever done? Hell no ... But she's lasted this long for whatever reason. Not defending her in the slightest but it's not always black and white.

I mean, she DOES have a bit of a similar track record so why anyone is surprised now ... it's truly the near same at every show she's at.

• Members

The most evil in all of daytime history? I can't say for sure, but I can say that she is up there based on my history of watching her take a hatchet to great soaps.

That said, despite my not watched Y&R in ages and my glee at Syphillis being thrown out on her ass, I feel for the viewers who are currently suffering under her showkilling M.O. I'd say that it gets better, but I refuse to lie to anyone.

• Members

Oh so we're going to act like all of JFP's decisions are just management decisions? Honey no. And while yes of course managers have to make tough decision, it's THE WAY she handles the decisions that are gross.

SON:

“It was like the death of Bobbie in my heart and soul, and the death of my livelihood and my work and my ‘GH” family, the fans as well as the people who worked on the set. All of that was all of a sudden gone, like, overnight. One day I was there and then it was like, ‘Merry Christmas, you’re fired,’ and an intern came down and handed me all my stuff.'" - Jackie Zeman

WE LOVE SOAPS:

"I remember one day a scene was written, Kin [shriner] and I were in a scene and it was written we would kiss at the end of the scene. It was a public kiss, we were in a restaurant or somewhere, it wasn’t an in-bed love scene. I remember Jill saying to the director, “Take the camera off them.” She was standing only a few feet away. We asked "why" when it had been written in the script. “Our audience doesn’t want to see old people kissing,” that’s what she said."

We Love Soaps: How did that feel to hear that?

Jackie Zeman: We were in our 40s at the time. That didn’t feel old. It didn’t affect me personally but I felt like, “No you’re wrong, they do.” Just because you turn 40 or 45-years-old doesn’t mean you’re not capable of having a romantic relationship. It doesn’t mean you’re not capable of having loving sexual feelings for another person. I felt it was a mistake. I still do. I believe the audience does want to see that because it’s real.

The funny thing is, JFP had that opinion about 40 year old WOMEN. Apparently it was fine for Geary. She has a history of being both ageist and sexist. I guarantee you if you asked Jill to show some damn proof of her claims, she wouldn't have had any.

• Members

Since when are a considerable amount of management decisions not a result of personal feelings? Jill, as well as tons of others, are in a position to put things into place based on how they feel personally (I'm 46, and I'd hate to be told some of the things that JFP have said, but it happens when people are in positions to make decisions). Sometimes we won't agree with those decisions, but they are nonetheless management decisions.

• Members

Yes and saying "I don't want any black people working here" would be considered a "management decision" under your rules and yet it wouldn't make it any less disgusting - the same goes for her ageism and sexism. The idea that ageism and sexism is acceptable or a "CEO's way of operating" or just merely "being a manager" is ABSURD.

• Members

The amount of bootleg Janet Wood apologists in existence never cease to amaze me - since she's shown her ass many times over by employing sexist, ageist, and racist actions as a means to destroy once-great soaps. She and Cryptkeeper Frons were truly a pair of showkillers who managed to accomplish the destruction in a fraction of the time that it took to build them up to their legendary glory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is precisely why I consider any 'criticism' of any pre-or-post bootleg-Janet-Wood-regime to be baseless.

Archived