Is JFP the most Evil woman in daytime?

• Members

It makes me seethe that Steve Burton is the highest paid actor on Y&R. I think it is a horrible decision and very disrespectful to the vets of this show. The actual actors who had something to do with the show being number 1 over the last however many years. And JFP has to know that doing things like that only makes for discontent on the set. But apparently she doesn't care. IMO, that is a poor decision.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree that she is wrong. However, I won't hold her to a different standard than anyone else in this industry, which it seems some want to do because she is a woman. For whatever reason they expect more from her without considering that if she was different or held different beliefs she wouldn't be where she is today. My issue is not with criticizing JFP. Everyone gets criticized...frankly, JFP deserves criticism. For all the issues stated in this thread. But not because she is a woman doing these things. People say it is not because she is female...but when your main argument lists that she is a female who perpetuates misogyny, racism, ageism, then you defeat your own argument. Take the qualifier out and I have no problem with it. And like I said, if she were a man no one would call her a bitch. It's a slur akin to calling someone who is black the n word. Because really, no one would trot it out for a white person no matter how ignorant they were acting...would they?

Let me tell you a trend that I noticed under MAB...all her leads were men. For the first time ever, Y&R told absolutely every story from the male perspective. All stories revolved around men. Cane, Billy, Victor, Adam, Neil (when he was on), Jack, etc...I think the only female lead was Phyllis. All other women were just window dressing.

• Members

I really hope that is not true. If it were not JFP and Steve, I'd understand that bringing in someone who you believe is valuable to the future success of the show and paying them more would not be a bad thing, but these 2 have a prior relationship and are friends, so it has nothing to do with anything but that. I would not be surprised if Craptini are paying Roger higher than everyone else.

• Members

Until we hear some sort of proof, I don't really buy that about Burton. I think #1 would be Braeden. Burton went along with a number of salary decreases at GH so it's not as if he demands huge money or he's walking. I think he left GH for many other reasons.

• Members

I'm not sure a woman in the industry would throw that word around so casually.

The stuff with Frankie was heinous, and I do blame that on JFP (although I do think P&G would have fired her no matter what, as they were dumping higher-priced vets - they just may have avoided the brutal murder).

And to reply to someone else, yes, JFP heavily relied on focus groups for years. I can't remember when she stopped.

• Members

Uh........ywah, thats not why Cassie was killed off. Smith stated in an interview with SOD and later Morrow reiterated in anothjer interview that Cassie was killed off to create drama for Nick and Sharon as they had brvome stale after almost 10 years and they didnt want to go the cheating route again (yeah I know "the irony") and it aksi was supposed to propel them into leading actress/actor status.

• Members

I don't know what you do for work but wouldn't you be offended if someone came in and called your work unwatchable? Or would you just be a jellyfish and say ok, my work is unwatchable? How long did Felicia Behr last in that role? Perhaps Felicia wasn't the best judge.

Archived