Is JFP the most Evil woman in daytime?

• Members

It's a management decision. Disgusting and despicable? ABSOLUTELY, but nonetheless a managment decision. Was the comment about "blacks" to get a rise out of me and change my way of thinking? I refused to get all passionate and/or bent out of shape over something that will NOT change my life, but I heard the comment about black characters a lot differently.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I find that ridiculous because it's perfectly ok to believe that a past or current regime sucks monkey nuts and not find JFP as the devil. She didn't create this miserable game, she's just a woman playing it and does not give a rat's ass who does not like it.

I still believe Jill gets so much heat because she's a woman!

• Members

Thank you for the laugh re "the most evil woman in daytime" laugh.png

I am not happy with JFP but I wouldn't exactly call her evil.

I get the whole "she's just doing her job" aspect of it and there are plenty of men who are just as nasty/bitchy/mean/whatever you want to call her as JFP is. Anything that needs to be done to get the job done is OK. HOWEVER, and here is the distinction, if you're going to be a total ass****, you might as well have it lead to producing an AWESOME show, that thrives creatively in writing/acting/producing. That way, you're an ass who produces a damn fine show and nobody can say anything about your producing style. If, on the other hand, you are an ass who SUCKS at the show you are in charge, then you're just an ass.

The show JFP (whether man or woman) is producing SUCKS.

What does that make her now?

I will let you do the math. biggrin.png

• Members

Not the only characters in the history of soaps that "shouldn't have died". I hated that MB was killed, but it was a management decision and so what?! Jill realized that it might have been a mistake, but she has recovered from that, and it's high time we did the same.

• Members

The one thing I will say positive about JFP is she has decimated y and r the way Mab did. I did hear when Jill came to the show it was grossly over budget, the director and writing teams were in shambles as Maria had not with them in months and the whole show was disorganized and everyone seemed off there game. I think Jill gave josh free reign but in her defense though he was so boring. I just get nervous when I hear Jill wants to bring her touch. Remember the oltl episode primetime 1998 that was overproduced in the cabin it was classic JFP over it. She loves big productions primetime style. U had Todd threatening to blow everyone up, Nora and Sam kissing, Barbara and Kevin in the wine cellar and Blair and tea ready to kill and Asa having a heart attack lol. It was a soap episode on extreme steroids. Very JFP.

• Members

I totally agree about Ageism and sexism being disgusting. Just as I agree about racism. However, they are management decisions based on personal feelings...the so called "gut" or more than likely some sort of marketing research. Or even the demographic the sponsors or product marketers are trying to target. I have seen shows on TV that have ZERO, ZILCH, NONE black people on it. The same for older people. How is that different from what JFP does? Why is she being castigated for it, while others can get away with it year after year with new show after new show?

However, my initial response wasn't really in defense of JFP moreso than it was the female slur "bitch". Because let's get real. It is a slur. Men in positions of power are praised daily for taking hard nose positions and sticking with them. However, whenever a woman with any power uses it as she sees fit and takes the same hard nose position, the slur comes dripping from everyone's mouths. It's tiring. One would think that with all the strides that women have made in the work force that folks would lay that term to rest. But no. It rears its' head every time. And just like JFP with her sexism, it's usually women whose voices sounds the loudest in the crowd! *off my soap box*

• Members

I had a manager tell me once that if he had a team of men, he would NEVER add a woman to it. She would rock the boat. As a manager, that is his decision to discriminate that way. THe woman that I am, gave him the side eye and went on about my business. You can't even get bent out of shape about decisions that could change your life. Unless you are can prove it, willing to sue, and capable of winning, it is best to just move on to a place who values your input. And you don't have to be old, a woman, or black to find yourself in that situation. When you go in for an interview, the panel usually hires the person that they "like" the most...the person that they think they can work with...the person that they want to work with. And considering people have a very bad mirror image complex...you get the point...no need to go further.

But anyways, JFP is doing nothing that other managers/CEOs don't do. FOJ...nepotism. Isn't Les Moonves pushing his wife as the darling of CBS. Yet, I hear no one pulling out the slurs for him.

• Members

This topic comes up every so often and there's always 2 camps. Does anyone think that Jill cares what we think about her? Is she going to change? I doubt it.

I must be evil too because I have fired a pregnant woman. And I think Jill did Anna Lee a favor. Poor Anna was holding up production for hours because she couldn't remember 1 simple line and she could not for the life of her take her cue. I relate what happened to Anna like what we sometimes have to do with an aging parent or grandparent when they shouldn't drive anymore - take the keys away even though that person still wants to drive. I get that Anna still wanted to act, but the fact is that she couldn't act anymore. Look at her last episodes. You could barely understand what she was saying because she was so weak. As for Jackie Zeman, probably what Jill should have said to Jackie is that given how you've hacked up your face, no one wants to see you kissing. Jill could have been meaner. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made. Jill has ALOT of friends. Thus, the term FOJ. She couldn't care less what we think of her and I don't think she's gonna change.

• Members

Amen, Craptini are pushing their pets on the audience, but that ok. It's foul when Jill plays the game that has been played for years. The woman has been employed in this business for as long as she has because she's as good or as hard (whicever you prefer) as any man.

Archived