A petition to fire JFP!

• Members

I didn't say it was just the petition. Her fans did a lot to get her hired back. A petition was just one of those options they took to get that goal accomplished. No one, who is serious does just a petition. Its usually one of many things. I bet the people who started this one are also writing letters and trying to get their voice out there

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Be careful what you wish for. I remember when quite a few people were calling for Megan McTavish's ouster at AMC, and look where that got us. Sure you can lobby for JFP to be fired, but that doesn't guarantee you'll get anyone remotely better. Hell, you could end up with someone far worse.

• Members

If Katherine's passing isn't handled properly meaning giving fans a balance between "grieving" for a beloved character and setting up major (engrossing) stories that should last for months, it could cause them to rethink. However, Sony does not like to make abrupt changes at Y&R. The audience is very loyal and the ratings are up from last year. The only time in recent memory where Y&R suffer a catastrophic decline was the period after Malcolm, Ryan and Mac (recast) all happened + Neil's alcoholism. It was a bad time for the show.

• Members

The petition/fans didn't get her job back because there was not enough turn around time for that to happen. Her re-hiring wasn't too long after getting fired, so it was so much more than a petition. GH will go on long after any one character (not that the show has much time left).

• Members

Don't think myself and other Y&R fans will be happy until Bill Bell people are back in charge and running the show Ed Scott,Kay Alden, Jack Smith among others everyone else is an outsider and their work will never be accepted. JFP can go back to crappy ABC

Archived