A petition to fire JFP!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just did:

Comments: Jill Phelps really needs to be let go. This show isn't right for her. Sony/CBS needs to hire someone with history with the show and worked with Bill Bell directly. She has destroyed the last factor that made Y&R recognizable to fans, which is the background music. The sets and other key components are also mediocre because they do not fit the show's style.

• Members

The Bells do own a percentage of YR but I think Sony owns majority, hence why Steve Kent has so much say. How much? IDK. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bells own 49, Corday that 1% (as you mentioned), and Sony 50%.

And petitions do work, just rarely in soaps. Primetime, more frequently. The ratings have to plummet to hell again before Jill is ousted.

Plus, I think she's a perfect fit for a show with big egos. Jill has no problem with firing anyone. This woman lost the legendary Bev McKinsey b/c of a loop hole in her contract and fired other numerous big daytime stars. YR needs her but I wish they'd make her Co-Executive Producer and pair her with Ed or Charles.

Archived