DAYS: Coming soon to Jason47: The Birth of Jennifer Rose Horton (sneak peek inside!)

• Members

Coming Soon to Jason47's Days Website: The Birth of Jennifer Rose Horton

Episode # 2571

Airdate: Friday, February 6, 1976

Sneak Peek:

Rosie: (excited) Push a little more now!

Bill: (Low, tense) The cord—make sure the cord—

Rosie: That’s it!

(And we hear a near shriek from Laura as the baby is thrust into this world)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. I think they changed it to September 11 in the 1980s for storyline purposes.  However, she was really born on 2/6/76.  Even Soap Opera Digest recently reported the wrong info. In the Q&A section, a fan asked who played Laura when Jennifer was born. SOD said it was Rosemary Forsyth (probably using the usual 9/11/76 birthdate, a time when Rosemary WAS Laura). However, it was Susan Oliver who was playing Laura when she gave birth to Jennifer on 2/6/76.

Yes, this is the debut episode for Fran Ryan, who would play Rosie Carlson from 1976-1979.

Ironically, when she is introduced, she is said to be a FEMALE version of Hank in the script notes!!

Yes, Bill was officially with "Days" as its story consultant through April 1978.

• Members

You're welcome!! Soon will be wrapping up the final research on 2001, seeing if there are any errors from my original records. Then it's on to 2002. Hoping to be fully done with 2002-2014 by early 2015 or so, and then I'll be releasing the biggest research of all: every episode's cast & set list from 1965-present!!

• Members

That's amazing! You're work is truly appreciated by MANY!! I've been a dedicated fan since 1996 and I love being able to learn more about the show in the many years I wasn't yet alive for and to reminisce of my earlier Days memories! You're the best!

• Members

I definitely remember seeing this. I was in high school so I guess we had the day off for some reason. Rosie wasn't a nurse. It was her farm house where Bill and Laura took shelter. Fran Ryan also did the Hungry Jack Biscuit commercials that were popular in the late 70s.

Archived