AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Members

I wouldn't be against OLTL getting a new Executive Producer, but I don't think it's fair to say either soap wasted any cast members. They aired roughly 40 episodes, which as originally written and intended would be 10 weeks worth of story, or 2 and a half months. That is NOTHING in soap time. This was meant to be 40 episodes out of over 200, not to mention they were rushed into production and OLTL also had to re-write story when they couldn't use Kristen Alderson or Michael Easton. Both shows did the best they could with what they had.

You are either a hater or severely misinformed. You know these shows were not written as a 2-per week soaps with 40 episodes per season. It's the same with everybody being up in arms about the season finales not being exciting enough when we KNOW those were just the last episodes filmed.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jonny, your every post is demanding that everyone accept your opinion as the only truth. I thought OLTL had issues but I thought it was a good show, and it was not anywhere near the disastrous financial flop you're making it out to be either. And frankly, your taste is shot if you think Jean Passanante is a great HW and just what Y&R needs. If you can't handle the fact that people don't agree with you, take it somewhere else. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

• Members

What kind of channel is TVGN? I've never heard of it and I don't have cable. How is the promotion for Y&R? I remember seeing some web ads when it was premiering.

I'm glad that the shows are hanging in there on OWN. If PP could find a steady production model and OWN played and/or replayed the shows in early evening I think we'd have a winning formula on our hands. Although I still think they'd be a better fit on Bravo.

Archived