The Taylor Swift Thread

• Members

Yes, I always wanted the Deluxe edition, too :lol:

I love Speak Now but couldn't even finish listening to Red. Maybe I'll give it another shot some day.

WOW. I did not expect Style as the third single (or perhaps, I was hoping it wouldn't be). Not sure how happy I am about that but it does seem like a predictable choice, regardless.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Yes! Give in! smile.png Did you see this on SNL from a couple months ago?

"Dammit, she got me!" - That's bascially all the new people buying her albums. LOL laugh.png

Fearless is great too. It won the Grammy for Album of The Year in 2010. Just go all out and buy all her albums. wink.png And yes, always get the deluxe/platinum versions.

I love Red so much - it's a great mixture of pop, pop-rock, pop-country. I especially love the sad/heart-breaking songs on Red: All Too Well, Come Back...Be Here, I Almost Do, The Moment I Knew. And Begin Again is one of my favs too.

It was obvious Style would be the next single. Taylor performed it at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show and it was one of the best selling songs on iTunes from the album. It won't be released until February 10 but some radio stations started playing it last week and it's already rising on the charts. I will be shocked if the song doesn't hit #1 on the Hot 100. And I'm assuming she'll be performing it at the Grammys.

It looks like Taylor is continuing to give gifts to her fans and will be (might be) up to Valentines Day: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinharris/taylor-swift-sent-fan-money-to-pay-student-loans#.un8GdkdyZ3

• Members

Haha, yes I did see that sketch! Not to mention Taylor's approval of it, too. smile.png

I have joked in the past about how despite being born in 1989, I was already 24 by the time "22" was released as a single (and 23 when the album Red came out), so I will never have a song by her to sing on my birthday that has my appropriate age as the title. I know, life is hard. laugh.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator

I think those songs are the next most radio-friendly songs. She doesn't really put out any slower songs, so I'm kind of hoping she changes it up a bit and puts out Clean or This Love. But the percentages of her doing that aren't high. I think it will either be Bad Blood, Out of the Woods or I Know Places. The 4th and 5th single should be interesting since no one knows for sure and there's no big consensus. Blank Space and Style obvious choices right away.

• Administrator

"1989" just passed 4 million in album sales in just 12 weeks - it's the fastest to reach 4 million since Usher's "Confessions" in 2004. It took "Red" and Speak Now" 69 weeks to reach 4 million; "Fearless" took 50 weeks; and her debut album took 125 weeks. It's going to beat "Red" next week or the week after.

• Administrator

Taylor's twitter and instagram got hacked today and they said they had nude pics of her.  This was her reponse. 

Anyway, she posted another great message to a young fan on tumblr.

Fan: http://worldoftayswift.tumblr.com/post/108974934975/taylorswift-is-so-amazing-i-love-everything-she

Taylor's reponse: http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/post/109275791245/worldoftayswift-worldoftayswift

He replied by saying, "Im gonna read this every time I get upset."

I got excited too when I first heard it on the radio (last week) because I didn't expect it to hear it.  Can't wait for the video!

• Administrator

:( I was hoping for a "Style" performance. I guess we'll see that at the Brit Awards instead. Also, if she was going to perform it would've been her fourth straight year. Most artists don't even get to perform two years in a row let alone three years in a row.

• Members

On Supernatural tonight, Dean (who mostly loves classic rock) was de-aged to about 14 or 15, and started enjoying Taylor Swift music. Once he got back to his normal age, "Shake It Off" came on the radio, and he decided he still liked it.

I laughed and for some reason thought of this thread.

http://carmelasky.tumblr.com/post/110036966726