DAYS: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I get what you were saying, and i agree that ED & GV have mega chem - but she raped him and its a huge plot point and id hate to see it ignored esp when the show is just firing on all cylinders and are playing up everything from big issues to seemingly pointless moments (chad filming, for example). Its also coming off pretty solid scenes (and hopefully more to follow) dealing with Nick being raped. Eric has taken being a priest very seriously and I really want to see him struggle with what was done to him and if this means he broke his vows and stuff like that.

I think GV and ED have enough chem with other people easily as we have seen on other shows and this one that there is no need to pair them together, and id have a much harder time ever buying him loving her than I did with brady.

It could also be something great to see Sami flip out when finding out Kristen raped her brother, as Sami herself is a two time rape victim who is now with one of her rapists and a person who has raped someone else. I am sure this wont ever be played up tho, but I can dream.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is definite violation/rape, as momentarily illustrated by the moment on Monday when Kristen came out of the bathroom, saw Eric passed out, vulnerable, broken on the bed, and shakily tried to draw a sheet over his leg. It was such a sharp contrast, though, with the scenes themselves which were almost played for campiness. Like a soaptastic ONS scene, you know? As a result, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to react after seeing them. Doubly so because I love Kristen and ED so much, and I am one of the few that really likes GV as Eric, too (and think he is hot).

I don't know if Eric and Kristen should have a "romance" after the way Kristen used and abused him -- but at some point forgiveness is going to have to come into this because Eric is a priest (or possibly eventually an ex-priest) and forgiveness and redemption is a cornerstone of the Christian/Catholic faith. I also don't know if I want Kristen's story to "end" with Kristen yet another broken, crying mess and shipped back to the "island" or loony bin. I am so invested in Kristen and her story now that these moments of evolution in her psyche/character are making me root for her to 'make it.' It is Kristen's humanity which makes me like her so much.

• Members

I do think Greg is a little bland, but I think that sort of works for Eric. Of everyone in the Brady clan Eric is probably the one who was least affected by all the huge crises going on, and he was out of town for most of them anyway. I like that they've made him a decent guy and not needed to add a forced edge. I guess that may change now, but I hope it doesn't change too much.

I think Jensen Ackles is a much better actor than Greg is, but the material tends to have its limits. I never saw Jensen's talent until I started watching Supernatural.

• Members

The scenes were mixed - you saw him being in awful pain before the arousal part of the drug took effect, and then after. But if someone saw an edited clip of just the moments in bed, they'd think this was a hot sex scene, two actors with incredible chemistry. I guess they may have done that so that a tape would look like consensual sex.

The writing seemed to try very hard to set up how broken Kristen is - complete with the phone call from Brady that told her she had nothing left. I don't think this justifies her behavior, she still raped him, but I hope they will write the end of this story in a way that has Kristen get some help. I don't want her to just be a one-note psycho, or be written out.

So much of this could have been like a JER parody but I thought Greg and especially Eileen made it much more...not complex, but difficult and raw to watch.

• Members

In the short little flash they showed yesterday there was no face shown that I could see, so maybe Eric thinks it was Nicole. That would be interesting after the way Marlena briefly went after Nicole. Could make this play out a little longer if Kristen doesn't show the tape bc of the reaction if Eric/others think it was Nicole, but eventually the tape come out.

• Members

Not sure where this notion that GV is not liked as Eric came from but this is the first I've heard of it. Sure people have said Eric is kind of boring and he has been but I've seen little hate for GV in the role, just a desire for the show to actually do something with both the actor and the character.

• Members

Dear Days,

Thank you for showcasing the ruffled-haired, semi-naked hotness that is Greg Vaughan this week. Appreciate it,

Best,

Cat xx

On another note, Adrienne was talking to Abby about Cameron Dees and I thought she said Cameron Diaz. :lol:

• Members

I figured when she was filming it and took the wig off people would assume it was Nicole he was with, and i think that would be a great little turn for awhile.

I know. Its still sad how Sony basically forced her to do Days by firing her from Y&R, but she is nailing it and seems to be happy there now, not to mention is doing more work than she did on YR in a very long time.

Really? I mean, i guess he is the best part of this storyline but that isnt saying much lol.

• Members

Nicole's role in the story is sort of heartbreaking, as she just can't get past her love for Eric, even when she tries, and it at times almost kills her. Her scene with Brady where he called off their friends-with-benefits relationship because emotionally they just weren't healthy enough was remarkably mature for a modern soap, and so tenderly acted by both EM and AZ.

The current Nicole/Daniel relationship is also somewhat at odds with the usual soap writing. I guess we will see if that holds up if she becomes the main suspect in what's happened to Eric.

I know Eileen's heart is with Ashley but I have just never been interested in her Ashley. I generally enjoy her as Kristen and I think it brings out so much more of her in terms of sexuality and range. She's managed to adapt her acting style to the current DAYS too.

Archived