DAYS: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing is on the wall with them though...with what we know..spoiler....and they way Will looks at Sonny....Sonny is still way more into Will than Will is with Sonny. It's a shame Sonny's life will fall apart in the next year.

• Members

Days continues to be really really good soap opera! This week's thoughts

1) The Chad/Abby/Cameron triangle is developing a little more and I'm slowly liking it more. I am definitely a Chad/Abby fan but I'm enjoying the triangle. It's well written and these three actors are doing good work. It worries me some about Casey leaving and a Chad recast.. but hopefully they will write him in slowly and not 100% frontburner into the plot so we can warm up to him.

2) Loving the Will/Sonny/Gabi in the apartment storyline with baby Arianna. Again, really good writing. Sami/Adrienne thrown into the mix is gold as well.

3) It was awesome to see Theo this week. I wish they would revisit his Autism storyline from time to time, just like Alzheimer's with Caroline. Maybe show how he is struggling with school or interaction with other kids.. but then we as the audience can see him show some improvements, etc.

4) Loved the Caroline/Marlena interaction this week.. and the following family scenes at St. Luke's with Marlena, Roman, Eric, and several others all gathered round.. that is classic soap to me. Family gathered around together. It was good to see!

5) I really like the new Salem PD set. However, I wish it would have been the original classic set instead :/

6) I agree with others.. Anne and JJ HAVE TO get together and scheme! Please let it happen SOON!

7) Props to Missy Reeves for Friday's episode.. great acting. She sounded just like a real life pissed off momma. Great emotion and acting.

8) I NEED to see Lucas Horton, as well as Hope Brady, in front leading storylines! I agree you need to rotate characters and rotate Plot A characters to Plot B, etc to keep from having burnout.. but it's time.. I need to see more of these two.

On another note.. with the fourth of July coming up.. it would have been great to see a classic Horton/Brady 4th of July cookout episode...like, really great! *Hint to the writers for 2014*

• Members

Yeah. That's true. I also agree that Sonny has always been more into Will, but I think Freddie is just better than Chandler at conveying that. I've never thought they felt like 'great loves' but I enjoy their relationship overall. Personally, I'd like Brian back.

And T. Why don't they use that actor more? He's so natural and easy to watch. I like him a lot.

• Members

What writing is on the wall for Wilson? I know CM is leaving and I am sure like all soap couples WilSon will break up and prolly make up before he leaves early next year. I don’t thionk what Adrienne stated has anything to do with Massey’s exit since it was written looooong before Massey announced he was leaving LOL! Will’s exit, if he has one, hasn’t even been written yet.

I also never got the umpression that Sonny was more into Will then Will is into him and spoilers seem to indicate quite the opposite When the broke up. Sonny was making up with another guy and Will was pining away from him. Sonny has a past and has relationships before, Will hasn’t. Sonny is Will’s first love and I don’t see him getting over Sonny as quickly as Sonny might if they were to break up.

• Members

I think we're watching different shows, LOL. I'm a fan of them but Sonny has always pined after Will more, IMO. I always got that impression.

And we don't know whether Will has an exit written or not. This show is probably taping November now. They likely have story written well into 2014. Just sayin ....

• Members

The last 4th of July celebration I remember is 2007 when Alice made a "special appearance." It was Frances Reid's second to last appearance on the show.. What happened in the 2008 celebration. I love it when soaps celebrate holidays (or at least mention them or use them in story). It helps keep the show real to us and we as the audience get to celebrate with people we care about (via on-screen). IMO all soaps should at least celebrate or make mention of New Years, Valentine's Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Some of my best soaps memories of all time revolve around the holidays (i.e. - Horton Christmas ornament hanging every year, reading of the Christmas story, Mike & Carrie's kiss on 4th of July, Hope (or "Gina") demanding Shawn D. jump off the balcony.. "Jump little Saylor Boy! Jump!".... So many classic soap memories around the holidays!

Archived