AMC: Thursday, May 16, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy Clyde was a pimp who impregnated one of his hookers, Donna Beck, who gave birth to Emily Ann. Emily Ann married Joey Martin (soon to be known as Jake Martin) and became pregnant with his baby. Billy Clyde struggled with Emily Ann on top of the stairs entering Emily Ann's loft and she fell down, losing her baby with Joey. She became psycho and tried to kill Joey and Katie Kennicott and was shipped off. Then, Billy Clyde became obsessed with Dixie Cooney, kidnapped her and had an epic shootout with the cops. Derek Frye took a bullet for Tad and became temporarily paralyzed. Later on, when Dixie and Tad were supposed to be married, Billy Clyde kidnapped Tad on his wedding day, bound him up in a shack with explosives in hopes of killing Tad so he could have Dixie to himself. Tad broke free, chased Billy Clyde on to the Lockport Bridge and when the bomb went off, the shockwaves knocked Tad and Billy Clyde off the bridge. Tad washed ashore with amnesia and wound up hitching a ride to California. Everyone presumed Tad was dead because the body wasn't recovered and the current was described as too strong for Tad to survive. Billy Clyde's body was supposedly recovered with a broken neck after hitting the water from the fall. So, for the last 22 years, Billy Clyde has been presumed dead.

• Members

I wonder whether AMC would be up for bringing back Tyrone as well?

Never mind. Roscoe Orman would just worry again about "Sesame Street" viewers getting "Gordon" and "Tyrone" mixed up.

• Members

Billy Clyde used to bring up the name Jehovah a lot, I think. I grew up in and out of the Jehovah Witness religion, so that always intrigued/scared me.

This cabin "wedding" was lodged in my memory for about 10-15 years before my memory started going downhill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N62fXweF-PM

The bridge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uh227fDiYE

• Members

So I'm rewatching Thursday in preparation for tomorrow- after all the schedule change insanity, I don't even remember what happened on Thursday's episodes. Dixie is a therapist?!? Is this the first we have heard of this? I find this hilarious after she seemed so unhinged in the first few episodes. But I guess it could be a good way to get her interacting with people outside of JR & AJ. I remember hearing Cady loved working with the younger set on ATWT so maybe they'll throw her in with Celia when the visions stuff amps up or Cass.

Archived